Rugby or football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

You never hear football fans listing reasons why football is better than rugby, this is only ever done by rugby bores, let’s list a few:

A ‘better class’ of fan at the rugby

Mixed supporters meaning ‘good banter’

‘A thugs game played by gentlemen’ etc

Everyone respects the referee

Etc

Sounds like he is gay, do your job, be loud and proud Dad.
Stop it man Matthew

Ive been trying for 12 years to get the bairn into footy but he’s not interested. He’s just discovers rugger and loves it. I’m still trying to steer him towards footy but I think it may be a lost cause. Am I still living in the 80s when if you didn’t play footy up fully field you were a leper, or should I just let it go?
Let the bairn choose marra. No right or wrong answer. Good luck to him mate.

Rugby is for people who can't play football. At school anyway
Bullshite. Obviously you couldn't do neither.

Last edited:
Always loved watching football and always been into it. But I was talked into trying rugby as a kid because the local club were desperate to put a youth team together, and it's a great game to play.

If he wants to play rugby, it will not do him any harm.

I played for both teams at school. I was a big old battering ram at rugby, and a big old centre half at footy. Stopped playing rugger after school and translated into a very effective American footballer. But footy was always my sport. I’d like him to do all sports

Ive been trying for 12 years to get the bairn into footy but he’s not interested. He’s just discovers rugger and loves it. I’m still trying to steer him towards footy but I think it may be a lost cause. Am I still living in the 80s when if you didn’t play footy up fully field you were a leper, or should I just let it go?
Mate, brought up as just a footy kid, played rugby at school ( Farra), weren’t to bad. Joined army, hoyed in at deep end, ended up playing at high level, 1st love slways footy, but rugby is by far a better social game and you tend not to get any shit as u grow up. Let them decide mate but just support them!

He's doing a sport and enjoying it so just leave him to do that. I used to love playing rugby, but would still play footie with mates and go to Sunderland games.

I played rugby for School, Club, County and North of England. I also played Rugby League for School, Club and Region. I basically wasn't mobile enough to play footy but what rugby taught me I don't think I could have learned anywhere else except Boxing or the Army. I do think playing rugby gives you a certain sense of maturity and a new level of respect. I know it's not some people's cup of tea but it's a great sport to play and if it were my child I'd be ower the moon.

I've been trying to get my son to play rugby but he loves playing football. It's a shame because he would be perfectly suited to it because of his build and physical attributes.

I played rugby for 20 years while still loving football but was better at the egg chasing

Mate, brought up as just a footy kid, played rugby at school ( Farra), weren’t to bad. Joined army, hoyed in at deep end, ended up playing at high level, 1st love slways footy, but rugby is by far a better social game and you tend not to get any shit as u grow up. Let them decide mate but just support them!
I've got loads of life long mates from rugby and none from football so the social side has no comparison.

Last edited:
I played rugby for School, Club, County and North of England. I also played Rugby League for School, Club and Region. I basically wasn't mobile enough to play footy but what rugby taught me I don't think I could have learned anywhere else except Boxing or the Army. I do think playing rugby gives you a certain sense of maturity and a new level of respect. I know it's not some people's cup of tea but it's a great sport to play and if it were my child I'd be ower the moon.

I love the way people talk about Rugby teaching respect. Have you ever been in a pub when there is a rugby team on the lash?

They turn into children!

Harmless fun mostly but some teams are anything but respectful when the beer comes out

I love the way people talk about Rugby teaching respect. Have you ever been in a pub when there is a rugby team on the lash?

They turn into children!

Harmless fun mostly but some teams are anything but respectful when the beer comes out

A pint glass filled with a shot of nearly every short behind the bar for the MOTM. Sometimes a couple of fag ends in to give it a bit of taste.

The thought of what awaited was enough to put you off putting much effort in during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back