Roughest pub in newcastle/north tyneside

Went in for a laugh just before the mags played Man Utd at home in Dec

First (and probably last) time in there, didn't seem particularly rough, just a bit basic. It was absolutely heaving like, couldn't get moved for fat baldy men (and women) in mag tops, so we didn't stay very long as it was uncomfortably busy.
It isn’t rough really as in trouble but it’s rough as in the clientele and decor. That and the clock are the Newcastl equivalent of Josephs and the blandford. Highly unlikely to get any chew but highly unlikely to get a nice drink in a clean glass.

I've just seen this many months later. I liked it in the Newcastle Arms (1980/early 90s). It was very basic and had an air of the late fifties or early sixties (probably formica tables) but it contrasted nicely with newer and refurbished pubs taking over the Quayside then.

Liked Yates as well like, though it had nowt on the one in Nottingham. A lot of character, and characters
It's a really nice pub now. Probably my favourite in Newcastle. It still has Newcastle Arms on the cement above the door but it's called something like The Bridge Inn now.
Tynedale beer (I think it's called) is fecking lovely, but they have a good selection on. I was in there a couple of times just last weekend.

It's a really nice pub now. Probably my favourite in Newcastle. It still has Newcastle Arms on the cement above the door but it's called something like The Bridge Inn now.
Tynedale beer (I think it's called) is fecking lovely, but they have a good selection on. I was in there a couple of times just last weekend.
The bridge tavern.

Back