Roughest pub in newcastle/north tyneside

Not Newcastle/North Tyneside but a good few years ago I was in a pub on Gateshead High Street (can't recall it's name). Anyway there were two rough looking woman standing at the bar a few feet away. The conversation went as follows:

Woman 1: "What's your man inside for?"
Woman 2: "GBH"
Woman 1: "That's f*** all, mine's in for armed robbery"

We didn't stop for another drink

It’s a shithole but it’s not that rough. Fox and hounds is the bar round that way that’s absolutely mental.

When I was in last(can’t even remember why I had to be in there) a woman in a cast smashed what I presume was her fella across the face with a wooden crutch and he punched her clean out in response.
Both not far from where I live. Balloon looks rough as fuck , only been in once and was shite. Fox been in loads of times , always found it alreet . Normally gan to the Denton these days

Both not far from where I live. Balloon looks rough as fuck , only been in once and was shite. Fox been in loads of times , always found it alreet . Normally gan to the Denton these days
The Denton is 5 star compared to the other mind. Lad I played rugby with for years lived that neck of the woods so would pop in for a pint in there occasionally

The Denton is 5 star compared to the other mind. Lad I played rugby with for years lived that neck of the woods so would pop in for a pint in there occasionally
Always thought the fox to be similar to the Denton. Had a fair few nights in both and never struck me as either being rough . The balloon on the other hand if I ever go in there again it will be too soon . Absolute dump

Not Newcastle/North Tyneside but a good few years ago I was in a pub on Gateshead High Street (can't recall it's name). Anyway there were two rough looking woman standing at the bar a few feet away. The conversation went as follows:

Woman 1: "What's your man inside for?"
Woman 2: "GBH"
Woman 1: "That's f*** all, mine's in for armed robbery"

We didn't stop for another drink
Curleys?

Anyway, Newcastle is Gateshead, innit?

Back