Rotten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking man management by Coleman.

He has to keep them onside, so he can maximise their output until such time as he is in a position to get rid of them.

A bit of ego-massaging slavver in the press costs nothing.
I think this is exactly what he’s doing. Needs everyone pulling together.

JOS has been a great servant to our club. Been a fantastic signing and continues to do a job. It's not his fault that he's coming to the end of his career and still being picked because we have no one better. Fans calling him shite etc need to give their head a shake. Embarrassing.
He was done over two, maybe even pushing 3 years ago mate

Anyone that thinks otherwise about O'Shea is a bit of a knacker.
He's finished, that doesn't make him a wanker, he's also worringly still one of our better defenders.
A clean sheet againstvthe best team in the league, shows he’s not finished

I think this is exactly what he’s doing. Needs everyone pulling together.
Of course he is, the man's not stupid, all the past managers have done something similar, you usually see the penny drop a month or two into their term here, when they're standing in the technical area scratching their head with that bemused look on their face.

We are shit. O'Shea is just about finished but anyone who thought that John OShea was some sort of leader of a rotten core has always been completely crackers :lol:

Coleman is spot on with what he says.
I still cant believe how so many people were so quick to label O'Shea while praising Di Canios professionalism.

Cracking man management by Coleman.

He has to keep them onside, so he can maximise their output until such time as he is in a position to get rid of them.

A bit of ego-massaging slavver in the press costs nothing.
I agree. Coleman has been clever in the way he's used the media to make his points. Praising players, challenging them too. He's no fool. Other managers we've had are used by the media, intimidated by it, but not this fella. I like his careful choice of words. Calmness, intelligence, professional. Not many would disagree with these assessments. Pointedly (perhaps) he stops short of saying the man is any good at actually playing football

Cattermole is a total moron. Just need to look at some of his bookings this season to realise that. Coleman is hardly gonna criticise him in public. That’s for us to do and we have done almost all season. The simple fact of the matter is that he has been a decent servant to us over the years when fit however it’s true to say he always looked better with better players around him particularly under Big Sam. Now he looks dross and off the pace even a league down which makes us see his bad side - in this case the simply awful challenges and needless bookings he picks up because he is either too slow, too thick or cos he can’t control a simple ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Catts defo shouldn't have been offered his

2021!!!

It was inappropriate for a player with a dubious fitness record and a well known penchant for alcohol. Saying that I don't think any of us expected his decline to be so rapid and steep. Peter Reid was very effective till his mid 30's with a similar lack of pace, style and fondness of a drink.

It was inappropriate for a player with a dubious fitness record and a well known penchant for alcohol. Saying that I don't think any of us expected his decline to be so rapid and steep. Peter Reid was very effective till his mid 30's with a similar lack of pace, style and fondness of a drink.
Tbf Reid didn't play on an undiagnosed injury with the aid of pain killing injections for a canny period.

People seem to forget that when discussing Cattermole.

We are shit. O'Shea is just about finished but anyone who thought that John OShea was some sort of leader of a rotten core has always been completely crackers :lol:

Coleman is spot on with what he says.

He is.....Him and pastitmole are always first to the Chief exec's door when they're not happy.

Di Canio, Mon, Poyet, etc, they were knocking on Byrne's door about all of them.

Last edited:
Yeah ok, we've been a very consistent, passionate team for years under O'Shea and Cattermole. We show up every game and leave it all on the pitch...the fans have taken the players into their hearts and will go down as legends in years to come :lol:

Why can't this be just a manager using management skills to get the best out of his players? We have years of watching these teams play down to competition, snatch defeat from victories and play the most inconsistent football in the league! For ffs, we haven't won a home game in a year!!

It's coach speak, imo and that's all.

Yeah ok, we've been a very consistent, passionate team for years under O'Shea and Cattermole. We show up every game and leave it all on the pitch...the fans have taken the players into their hearts and will go down as legends in years to come :lol:

Why can't this be just a manager using management skills to get the best out of his players? We have years of watching these teams play down to competition, snatch defeat from victories and play the most inconsistent football in the league! For ffs, we haven't won a home game in a year!!

It's coach speak, imo and that's all.
Who has said that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back