Rotten

Sean Gregan signed for Leeds as a midfielder, but his legs had gone and he struggled early on.

Blackwell switched him to centre-half and he was immense, he played a big part in us finishing 5th and getting to the play-off final, and when he left for Oldham he always played well against us and marked Beckford out of the game.

Ask your average Leeds fan and they'll name him as one of our worst ever players, when the reality is he was one of our best at this level.

When I watched the Middlesbrough game I pointed out on here that O'Shea looked sound and I got slaughtered for it.

Once fans make up their minds that a player is shit, that's it and they can do no right.

It was a great, if irrelevant, contribution.

Well done xx

:lol:

You can continue to stick up for them...I'm just not a fan of rewarding sub-mediocrity. These are professional footballers who are paid extremely well, not special needs kids who all get a medal. Fuck me, these two so-called 'leaders' have seen us go winless at home a whole year but lets keep posting like they're model stewards for the club....not me muffin.

You can continue to stick up for them...I'm just not a fan of rewarding sub-mediocrity. These are professional footballers who are paid extremely well, not special needs kids who all get a medal. Fuck me, these two so-called 'leaders' have seen us go winless at home a whole year but lets keep posting like they're model stewards for the club....not me muffin.
Totally missing the point

I’ve always found it very strange that people seem to label O’Shea as one of the bad eggs in the squad.

Do people think he’d have lasted as long as he did under Fergie at Manchester United if he was?

He’s a consummate professional.

Sean Gregan signed for Leeds as a midfielder, but his legs had gone and he struggled early on.

Blackwell switched him to centre-half and he was immense, he played a big part in us finishing 5th and getting to the play-off final, and when he left for Oldham he always played well against us and marked Beckford out of the game.

Ask your average Leeds fan and they'll name him as one of our worst ever players, when the reality is he was one of our best at this level.

When I watched the Middlesbrough game I pointed out on here that O'Shea looked sound and I got slaughtered for it. He's the type of player you would bring into a young squad for a bit of experience, his legs have almost gone. Instead though hes still here trying to prop up the defence and the rest of the side, when he should have been replaced two years ago.

Once fans make up their minds that a player is shit, that's it and they can do no right.

O'shea would probably be alright at this level if it wasn't for the fact his weaknesses are so exposed that his strengths can't capitalised on - that wouldn't be happening if he'd signed for Wolves during the summer.

JOS has been a great servant to our club. Been a fantastic signing and continues to do a job. It's not his fault that he's coming to the end of his career and still being picked because we have no one better. Fans calling him shite etc need to give their head a shake. Embarrassing.
I think you find some scum on the SMB stoking the fire about JOS who has been true servant to the club...

John O’Shea has been an excellent servant for us. Top pro and a consistent performer. He’s had his bad games but on the whole he has been a very good player for us

Cattermole is a total moron. Just need to look at some of his bookings this season to realise that. Coleman is hardly gonna criticise him in public. That’s for us to do and we have done almost all season. The simple fact of the matter is that he has been a decent servant to us over the years when fit however it’s true to say he always looked better with better players around him particularly under Big Sam. Now he looks dross and off the pace even a league down which makes us see his bad side - in this case the simply awful challenges and needless bookings he picks up because he is either too slow, too thick or cos he can’t control a simple ball.
All of these. I have no doubt any player can raise the effort to play above their normal levels occasionally and that has been the case with too many of Sunderland's so called 'professionals'. It's either a lack of personal motivation or a lack of leadership on and off the park. I cannot think of one Sunderland player who has these qualities in bucketfuls though, hopefully, some of the youngsters coming through will take up the mantle in the not too distant future.

None of our players are or have been 'servants' to the club, loyal or otherwise. They are highly paid, some might say overpaid, professional footballers. This is not the Victorian era. To describe them as 'loyal servants' smacks of sentimentality in my opinion. None are servants, I doubt any are loyal. I have no idea what the players earn but I'd be surprised if the lowest paid was on much less than £0.5m a year. In essence, they are all footballing mercenaries, in every professional club.

Back