Rotherham fixtures compared to ours man FFS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 points separating 7 teams with between 8 and 10 games left to play. Top of these 7 teams gets automatically promoted, currently occupied by the team who have the second worst run of form of the 7 teams. Nothing other than playing the remaining games is a fair way to decide it.

Heck Tranmere are 3 points from safety with a game in hand over AFC Wimbledon and were on a run of three wins in a row.

Exactly mate, things have been tough but the defeatist attitudes on here are quite surprising. Some seem to think a rich awab man is going to drop out the sky in the summer, invest loads of money and we’ll walk the league next season. In reality it will probably be a harder slog than this year with the same owner and less money.

Maybe it should stop at 34 games for everyone, well if that puts us in the play offs

If Covid had stopped the game at week 34 that is exactly what would have happened. And nobody on here would have been screaming about how unfair it is for those at 7th place not being given chance to make up points.

I feel too many of our fans don't look at the bigger picture, it doesn't matter where Sunderland are in the league. If you agree to play a certain number of games, each home and away in random order and then you freeze the league where teams not only haven't played the same teams but also some teams have played more than others and some fewer than others, how in any way imaginable is that fair?

It's mental to just pretend it's fair because Sunderland fans don't like the manager or owner so decide it's some sort of deserved punishment.
I see Sunderland just like I do with the wife.

About 30 years ago she was absolutely stunning. The attention she got and the jealousy from both blokes and women used to get to me. But now many years later it is different. She is still very good looking.......for her age. But she certainly isn't an absolute stunner anymore. The constant attention ended. So has the jealousy. But women her age would still love to look like her.

Sunderland are not a big club. But go back about 100 years Sunderland was about the biggest club there was. What I have never understood is how can a club have such a fantastic fan base always end up in the next level of clubs. Everything is in place to become a big club again. Is it 50 years or more of bad owners? Constant bad managers? The best players not wanting to live so far up north?

That relegation in 1958 was the day, in retrospect, Sunderland ceased being one of the biggest clubs in England. Geography, economics, demograhics have all counted against the club as football has got increasingly commercial. But never say never again...

The more I look into this the more I can’t help but thinking why didn’t they just freeze the league is deemed fit to do so. My reasoning for this is based on football still being in this position next season as it will. How can that be fair. The truth of it if you look deeply into it is the likes of l1 and l2 have to be concluded by this PPG only because the premier league will continue as they can afford to test players. Footballs fucked I believe.

If Covid had stopped the game at week 34 that is exactly what would have happened. And nobody on here would have been screaming about how unfair it is for those at 7th place not being given chance to make up points.
You realise some people aren't blinded by rose tinted specs? it's entirely possible to see it all as unfair even if you're a neutral.

The whole thing is a joke really. Imagine the outrage if premier league clubs were relegated under similar computerised proposals, they’d hire a decent legal team to rip it to shreds. Our new CEO, Boston United supremo, has ruled us of doing so. Albeit we don’t have the clout clubs up the pyramid so but it’s seemingly us giving up, we could get off from the rest of football. People will also lose their jobs as a result of the decision. It’s more than just a game of football.
The whole thing reeks of bullshit

Honestly man, what the fuck do some of you fuckers think we are like? Real f***ing Madrid? Wake the fuck up. We are a 'tin pot club'. Get ya stuck up noses out the clouds. We blew it years before we were relegated, twice.

We are the footy equivalent of a smack head teetering on the brink of addiction before it really took hold. And then it hit us. And now it'll take us a decade to get sober and clean. Get used to it. We ain't special and we're here for a while. We deserve nothing more at this present time.
Certainly don’t think we’re RM... 😂

That relegation in 1958 was the day, in retrospect, Sunderland ceased being one of the biggest clubs in England. Geography, economics, demograhics have all counted against the club as football has got increasingly commercial. But never say never again...

Too simplistic. Sunderland by 1958 were no longer one of biggest clubs in England other than historical accumulation of trophies when hardly anyone else were competing. Even by late 1950s they were 20 years away from most recent trophy success. And those trophies were over 20 years from the previous ones.

The only fair way to do it if the season can’t be completed, is to null and void it.

Play offs is an option too.

The lucky lucky bastards!

They’ll defo be voting to curtail the season alright! 😡

I feel like giving up! Another season in league one at the hands of some self absorbed shitty little tinpot clubs. They don’t give a fuck about the virus, it’s just very convenient for them.

Wankers.

Now for Phil f***ing Parkinson. SD, get shot of the useless c*nt, it’s entirely on him that we dropped out of the playoff spot. If he stays I defo go! f***ing arseholes!

This may have been done elsewhere, but.

There are seven teams within 3pts of each other so consider them a mini-league. Results so far within that league (all teams have played 7 games excepts as noted):
Fleetwood - 15pts (no losses)
Peterborough - 15pts
Sunderland - 14pts
Rotherham - 10pts
Portsmouth - 7pts (5 games)
Oxford - 4pts (5 games)
Wycombe - 4pts

May not get us up but shows which teams have got where they are by feasting on the bottom teams.

Too simplistic. Sunderland by 1958 were no longer one of biggest clubs in England other than historical accumulation of trophies when hardly anyone else were competing. Even by late 1950s they were 20 years away from most recent trophy success. And those trophies were over 20 years from the previous ones.
Say it’s the top ten are classed as the biggest . Who were bigger than Sunderland then ?

This may have been done elsewhere, but.

There are seven teams within 3pts of each other so consider them a mini-league. Results so far within that league (all teams have played 7 games excepts as noted):
Fleetwood - 15pts (no losses)
Peterborough - 15pts
Sunderland - 14pts
Rotherham - 10pts
Portsmouth - 7pts (5 games)
Oxford - 4pts (5 games)
Wycombe - 4pts

May not get us up but shows which teams have got where they are by feasting on the bottom teams.
Or just highlights which teams have cocked things up by failing to maximise points from teams elsewhere in the league.

Or just highlights which teams have cocked things up by failing to maximise points from teams elsewhere in the league.
True, but the context is deciding which of these teams merits consideration for promotion or a promotion playoff in a shortened season. That is most fairly decided by head-to-head results, not performance against others.

True, but the context is deciding which of these teams merits consideration for promotion or a promotion playoff in a shortened season. That is most fairly decided by head-to-head results, not performance against others.
But the merits of getting promotion from a league is how you perform against all of the league, not just those around you. If just results against teams around you mattered, in future should playoffs be scrapped in favour of just looking at results from teams in 3rd to 6th against each other?

The top and bottom of it all is that we have been shite this season and whatever method they use we don't get into the mix so we need to suck it up and accept we haven't been good enough and we are where we deserve to be

You can't say that. Against the other likely playoff contenders we have not lost to Fleetwood (two draws), not lost to Oxford (a draw and a win), 50% win / loss v Portsmouth and Wycombe, not played Peterborough at home, drew with Rotherham.

We are crap, I'm not disputing that, but so is everyone else. You'd think it was the champions League the way some go on

If everyone else is so shite why are we eighth despite playing more games than every single club in the.league bar one ?
The top and bottom of it all is that we have been shite this season and whatever method they use we don't get into the mix so we need to suck it up and accept we haven't been good enough and we are where we deserve to be

This

We are 8th despite playing more league games than every other team bar one. We are where we deserve to be, nobody's fault but our own.

People saying we could go on a run etc, in our previous game we just got beat off a team.who.hadnt won In 19 games or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back