Rotherham fixtures compared to ours man FFS...

it was basically all luck for when the league was frozen, you freeze it earlier or later and PPG gives you different results.

Logon or register to see this image

Which shows the utterly abject showings against Bristol Rovers, Gillingham and Fleetwood have been pivotal. Trust us to fuck it up at an opportune moment.
I'm convinced there are some Shamen Miners buried under the centre circle

What a load of entitled bollocks.

Some of those 'shitty little tinpot clubs' are above you in the table.

It's not their fault you're not already in the promotion places.

Just because we're underachieving doesn't make them any less tinpot.

The fact we haven't occupied the top 2 in this God awful league for a sustained period since droppong through the leagues is the most damming thing of Donald's ownership, yet he's expecting to profit from his failure.

We’ve been unlucky with the timings, but again I will dispute the required points because we haven’t played the same teams, it can’t be a level playing field. If they can’t finish the season, there is no fair way of deciding it, but they have chosen the least fair of the lot.

Exactly. We obviously couldn't anticipate anything like this but being hammered at Bristol Rovers who couldn't buy a win, conceding a 96th minute equaliser to Gillingham and being outplayed by Fleetwood mean we've only ourselves to blame.

No complaints from me. Shitty little clubs like Rotheram being above us after 35+ games thanks to the Don is more annoying.

The lucky lucky bastards!

They’ll defo be voting to curtail the season alright! 😡

I feel like giving up! Another season in league one at the hands of some self absorbed shitty little tinpot clubs. They don’t give a fuck about the virus, it’s just very convenient for them.

Wankers.

Now for Phil f***ing Parkinson. SD, get shot of the useless c*nt, it’s entirely on him that we dropped out of the playoff spot. If he stays I defo go! f***ing arseholes!
We weren’t good enough last season and we have a worse team this season because of the incompetent parasites running the club nothing to do with managers it’s them arseholes to blame.

Is that per year?

So it appeared yes. Might be wrong , but I think ours was 11m last season and not sure this, but 9.5m comes to mind for some reason. Might be off the mark.
Bring back the pools panel to decide every oustanding match.

Last edited:
Fleetwood had a really easy run in mind. Also worth nothing pretty much every team had a game in hand on us, we only had 3 home games with 5 away and had scored 1 open play goal away from home in the calendar year. Then you look at our final few performances and the manner that we lost at Bristol rovers and have to admit that even though we had a chance in reality we were not up to standard and haven’t been for majority of the season. Pointless making excuses otherwise.

Rotherham are really lucky as Barlaser was injured and theyd fell to bits however i think fleetwood, Oxford and Portsmouth were all in better positions have better teams. I think we’ll have been battling it out with Rotherham and Wycombe for the final play off spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Effectively it is. The system used means a team jumps from 8th to 3rd. Therefore demonstrating how crazy the proposals are. Even more shocking when you consider that the game in hand Wycombe has way away to the league leaders, and they were fortunate to play crisis ridden Bolton whilst other clubs had to play their senior team twice.
We were absolutely rancid against Bolton, twice. That's why we are deservedly not going up. The blame for this lies on the toes of Del and Rodney and nothing else.

No complaints from me. Shitty little clubs like Rotheram being above us after 35+ games thanks to the Don is more annoying.

I get what you are saying but it s where you finish the season that counts...the current proposals to finish the season based on points per game or current standings simply isnt fair....and not just to us

it was basically all luck for when the league was frozen, you freeze it earlier or later and PPG gives you different results.

Logon or register to see this image
Never mind eh. There’s luck involved but there’s also going to Bristol and losing. They were in the worst form in the football league, who’d just been turned over by Southend. Our first chance on goal was the 90th minute. That’s ended up costing us more than we could have ever imagined.
I get what you are saying but it s where you finish the season that counts...the current proposals to finish the season based on points per game or current standings simply isnt fair....and not just to us

True but look at the state of our performances. Like I’ve said elsewhere in the thread we’d scored 1 goal from open play away from home in 2020 and we’re going into 5 away games to finish. Can’t say many thought we’d go up before the season ended. It’s unfortunate but we had a horrendous run when Parkinson came in and we looked like reverting to type.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were absolutely rancid against Bolton, twice. That's why we are deservedly not going up. The blame for this lies on the toes of Del and Rodney and nothing else.
Had a goal chalked off for absolutely nothing in the Boxing Day home game mind. A truly bizarre decision.

Exactly. We obviously couldn't anticipate anything like this but being hammered at Bristol Rovers who couldn't buy a win, conceding a 96th minute equaliser to Gillingham and being outplayed by Fleetwood mean we've only ourselves to blame.

We also weren’t competitive down Coventry. Was a really passive loss where we barely made their keeper make a save. It was built as our biggest game of season and we came out looking startled then ended up conceding after like 2 minutes.

What a load of entitled bollocks.

Some of those 'shitty little tinpot clubs' are above you in the table.

It's not their fault you're not already in the promotion places.
Bollocks, it stinks, even if SAFC were top I’d feel the same. I actually highlighted where the blame lies if you read my post!

How can I be being entitled, we’ve got nearly 10 games FFS and only 3 points off second! 🖕🏻
Does this not mean Rotherham have already played harder fixtures than us ?
we’re at the business end of the season mate! x

They aren’t computerised proposals . It’s PPG when the season is curtailed . We have less points than required and have played more games
No wonder Peterborough are cheesed off, they are the ones to suffer using this method.
Rotherham are absolute shite as well. Absolute guaranteed that they will get relegated next season.
The 3 promoted last season are all on their way back down currently.

Last edited:

Back