Rotherham fixtures compared to ours man FFS...

how can we have less points "than required" when the season isn't finished? We didn't require a certain amount after 36 games. And your reasoning is backing up what the OP says, they have us, Portsmouth, Wycombe, Gillingham, Fleetwood and a derby against Doncaster to play. Admittedly they still have Bolton and Tranmere to play, so they would still need to beat another three of those sides (or a combination of wins and draws) to get the points they will gain under PPG. 3 of those teams are in and around us. They cant all get more than one point unless of course they go for PPG and they will. For instance under this scheme, for a match between Wycombe and Rotherham, WW will get 1.73 points, Rotherham get 1.77, so in reality there are only 3 points to play for, yet there are 3.5 points given, similarly with the other games against those clubs around us.

That's a very good point. The only fair way is to finish the season of void it. I fail to see how you can promote teams and relegate teams plus award trophies etc for an incomplete season. The Bolton factor in our league had already brought the integrity of the league into dispute with many sides playing their youth team and others like us playing them after they bought a full new team. Maybe the pts per game should be excluding games v Bolton?

Effectively it is. The system used means a team jumps from 8th to 3rd. Therefore demonstrating how crazy the proposals are. Even more shocking when you consider that the game in hand Wycombe has way away to the league leaders, and they were fortunate to play crisis ridden Bolton whilst other clubs had to play their senior team twice.
I can't remember when the discussion took place - but wasn't it said that teams finishing in the final play-off place have more chance of promotion than the team finishing in 3rd?

I can't remember when the discussion took place - but wasn't it said that teams finishing in the final play-off place have more chance of promotion than the team finishing in 3rd?
I'm sure that was said about teams in the championship. However you only have to see how teams can move in and out of the playoff places in the last half dozen games. Plus games in hand count for nowt..
remember last season...

You can't say that. Against the other likely playoff contenders we have not lost to Fleetwood (two draws), not lost to Oxford (a draw and a win), 50% win / loss v Portsmouth and Wycombe, not played Peterborough at home, drew with Rotherham.

We are crap, I'm not disputing that, but so is everyone else. You'd think it was the champions League the way some go on
Exactly mate, things have been tough but the defeatist attitudes on here are quite surprising. Some seem to think a rich awab man is going to drop out the sky in the summer, invest loads of money and we’ll walk the league next season. In reality it will probably be a harder slog than this year with the same owner and less money.
it was basically all luck for when the league was frozen, you freeze it earlier or later and PPG gives you different results.

Logon or register to see this image
Maybe it should stop at 34 games for everyone, well if that puts us in the play offs

Last edited by a moderator:
I get what you are saying but it s where you finish the season that counts...the current proposals to finish the season based on points per game or current standings simply isnt fair....and not just to us
The only way we can get promoted is to play the season out. There's isn't s mathematical formula that'll promote us.
PPG or void the season, we"ll still be in L1. Can't see how it's unfair on us.

They aren’t computerised proposals . It’s PPG when the season is curtailed . We have less points than required and have played more games

It is compute proposals though isn’t it. Teams have played varying opposition.

Either wait until the season can be completed or void it completely.

We were 3 points off automatic with still just under a fifth of the games to go. We had Rotherham of note left to play
I will dispute the required points because we haven’t played the same teams, it can’t be a level playing field. If they can’t finish the season, there is no fair way of deciding it, but they have chosen the least fair of the lot.

This

Last edited:
The only way we can get promoted is to play the season out. There's isn't s mathematical formula that'll promote us.
PPG or void the season, we"ll still be in L1. Can't see how it's unfair on us.

Well if its between PPG or void the season only the latter is fair as its the same for everyone. With 8/9 games to go the whole situation could change...if you look at Charlton last season although they were always in the shake up the highest they ever were in the league was 3rd and that was only after the very last match.......you cant use PPG when some teams have not played the same number of games

The lucky lucky bastards!

They’ll defo be voting to curtail the season alright! 😡

I feel like giving up! Another season in league one at the hands of some self absorbed shitty little tinpot clubs. They don’t give a fuck about the virus, it’s just very convenient for them.

Wankers.

Now for Phil f***ing Parkinson. SD, get shot of the useless c*nt, it’s entirely on him that we dropped out of the playoff spot. If he stays I defo go! f***ing arseholes!
Honestly man, what the fuck do some of you fuckers think we are like? Real f***ing Madrid? Wake the fuck up. We are a 'tin pot club'. Get ya stuck up noses out the clouds. We blew it years before we were relegated, twice.

We are the footy equivalent of a smack head teetering on the brink of addiction before it really took hold. And then it hit us. And now it'll take us a decade to get sober and clean. Get used to it. We ain't special and we're here for a while. We deserve nothing more at this present time.

Very unfair to void league and not promote anyone. Therefore logically it should be the clubs already in a promotion place. So we miss out. Big deal.
Who is due to play who in the remaining fixtures is irrelevant and has no bearing on the decision. All hypothetical.
A team top at home to a team bottom over Easter for example would have no divine right to a win. Anyone remember Blackburn at Roker Easter Monday 79 ?

I get people are desperate for us to go up. I wanted the season to finish but the last four games suggest we were on the slide not on the up. We haven’t been in the top 2 for one week since we went down. We don’t deserve to go up and aren’t so no complaints from me. I’m pissed off with the owners and parkinson. No one else is to blame.

I get people are desperate for us to go up. I wanted the season to finish but the last four games suggest we were on the slide not on the up. We haven’t been in the top 2 for one week since we went down. We don’t deserve to go up and aren’t so no complaints from me. I’m pissed off with the owners and parkinson. No one else is to blame.

I know what you mean but it can change quickly. After we beat Oxford they dropped to about 10th, going nowhere. They win 4 in a row and now they're 3rd. I don't think we're in the best 3 teams in the league but I'd far rather they let it be proven than just stop it here.

Back