Roseberry Topping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting difference between the photos taken by Ross and Ken presumably at more or less the same time.

I like this one too orosso, but the foreground in ken's gives it a slight edge, it sort of leads your eye into the picture a little more.

Edit: the way the board does fading has a nice effect on yours!

thanks Peachy. Yer, thats why I commented saying I need a wider lens. Ken was shooting at 17mm, my widest lens is 35mm. In hindsight i should have shot and stitched in portrait view.

. In hindsight i should have shot and stitched in portrait view.

You could have taken the Ayesane scattergun approach where you point the camera and random places at random angles and then hope they will all stitch together afterwards :lol:

Portrait view would have probably worked quite well though, like you say as it would have grabbed a lot more foreground.

It was the colour/contrast I was commenting on BTW, not the composition of the 2 shots

You could always get yourself an 8mm like mine.

You could have taken the Ayesane scattergun approach where you point the camera and random places at random angles and then hope they will all stitch together afterwards :lol:

Portrait view would have probably worked quite well though, like you say as it would have grabbed a lot more foreground.

It was the colour/contrast I was commenting on BTW, not the composition of the 2 shots

You could always get yourself an 8mm like mine.

Think my exposures are a little scew-wiff as it pans from left to right. On the night I adjusted the exposure time so that the whole sequence was exposed at the same level but to me the left hand side looks half a stop brighter than the right. Sure I could fix it but I did it last night then headed straight to bed.

8mm is far too wide to me, I'll be either going 24mm tse or 21mm.....we'll see.

Prolly head up to gribdale later if the weather holds

Good luck. It's dry here but the lights a bit flat. Heading over to Durham in the morning about 7am to try and get some shots of the cathedral from the river banks. Been done a million times but a first for me.

Good luck. It's dry here but the lights a bit flat. Heading over to Durham in the morning about 7am to try and get some shots of the cathedral from the river banks. Been done a million times but a first for me.

I was gonna try that tonight. Think I'm gonna try crimdon beach tonight. Hopefully get a sunset looking back up from the sea to the dunes.

Cheers for invite. X

You know you can come anytime. I didn't want to commit incase the weathers shit and I stay in bed instead. I have to be home for 9 as i've got builders coming.

Just messing ken marra :) I'd have loved to have come mind but I'll up with the bairns in the morn :) fingers crossed for a decent morning for ye.

been back up today with the Zeiss.......light was bit flat.[DOUBLEPOST=1377461768][/DOUBLEPOST]latest effort

Logon or register to see this image

Toseberry re-visited by oROSSo, on Flickr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back