Rory Burns

Having watched him all summer, I'm not surprised.

Think he gets a very unfair rap, mainly because of his stance.

He's proven more consistent than Crawley or Sibley, but they don't get half the criticism and pressure he does.
I’ve always been a fan personally. He needed runs, he still does, but then again all of the top 3 do. And Pope

Having watched him all summer, I'm not surprised.

Think he gets a very unfair rap, mainly because of his stance.

He's proven more consistent than Crawley or Sibley, but they don't get half the criticism and pressure he does.
True enough. He's better than Sibley imo and Crawley still has it all to prove. Still cant understand why top class international bowlers give Burns stuff on his legs like.

I’ve always been a fan personally. He needed runs, he still does, but then again all of the top 3 do. And Pope
Yup, agreed.

Shouldn't be inked in yet by any means, but people seem to queue up to slate him and call for him to be dropped, while Sibley and Crawley get a free pass. Could you imagine if Burns had got six consecutive single figure scores man?

Think Pope is slightly different because a) he bats lower down, and b) he's clearly an absolute freak, so it's assumed he'll come good with enough practice

Worth remembering as well that Burns has played Australia, Windies X2, Pakistan, India. Not exactly four bad bowling attacks :lol:

Yup, agreed.

Shouldn't be inked in yet by any means, but people seem to queue up to slate him and call for him to be dropped, while Sibley and Crawley get a free pass. Could you imagine if Burns had got six consecutive single figure scores man?

Think Pope is slightly different because a) he bats lower down, and b) he's clearly an absolute freak, so it's assumed he'll come good with enough practice

Worth remembering as well that Burns has played Australia, Windies X2, Pakistan, India. Not exactly four bad bowling attacks :lol:
Don’t get me onto the West Indies attack. I’ll be accused of all sorts

Do you not rate them? Perhaps at the very top international standard they fall short but Gabriel especially, Roach, Holder are all pretty good imo.
That’s exactly my opinion of them actually, they’re pretty good.

but they’re not as good an attack as

Hazelwood, Starc Cummins
Boult, Southee, Wagner
Anderson, Broad, other
Bumrah, Shami, Sharma
Abbas, Shaheen, Shah

apparently that makes me a racist however

Hazelwood, Starc Cummins
Boult, Southwest, Wagner
Anderson, Broad, other
Bumrah, Shami, Sharma
Abbas, Shaheen, Shah

What do you think of ex WI spinner Marlon Samuels? :lol:

Hazelwood, Starc Cummins
Boult, Southee, Wagner
Anderson, Broad, other
Bumrah, Shami, Sharma
Abbas, Shaheen, Shah

I've got a lot of time for The Rat these days, but that was an insane take :lol:

Aye but tbf, you'd probably have Hales and Roy opening because you find dot balls boring ;)
It’s always a balance mate😁

Said at the time Roy opening was worst decision for a long time and really unfair on him, putting him in that position against that Aussie attack

Must admit though the thought of Hameed and Sibley opening any time give me nightmares😀

Got tickets for the India test at Leeds would be worst nightmare them opening the day I am there!!

FIFTY FOR BURNSY! 😍😍😍

told y'all. He's f***ing class

Of course the Pontiff is at the front of the dressing room to lead the applause.

Can't beat that Surrey love :cool:

Back