Romesh Ranganathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

My misses likes him so have caught a far bit of his TV work & whenever football has been mentioned he's supported Liverpool.

To be fair he did mention Liverpool quite a bit in his sketch,but he does get to the hole, and I still can’t stand his tv work!

If you think that hes been given about 6 TV shows on various channels because he's Asian then you are genuinely not very clever
Maybe the BBC's leaked email to Look North Yorkshire stating it wanted 15% of its reporters presenters and contributors to be BAME has had an influence on opinions circa 2016

You don't think tbat the BBC being caught out setting ethnic quotas has effect on people's perception.?
Fair do's.

No I don't think it does in the slightest. BBC is publicly funded and as such has a duty to be promote diversity and be inclusive

Channels such as Dave and Sky One don't give a fuck about that as they just want ratings to sell adverts to make money

Do you think an executive is sitting on a show wondering whether to get a white fella in who will guarantee ratings but instead opts for an Asian bloke that'll make the channel less money because he's influenced by a BBC leaked email?

Whether your a fan of his or not he has these shows on his own merits and clearly must pull in audiences as he keeps getting given them

No I don't think it does in the slightest. BBC is publicly funded and as such has a duty to be promote diversity and be inclusive

Channels such as Dave and Sky One don't give a fuck about that as they just want ratings to sell adverts to make money

Do you think an executive is sitting on a show wondering whether to get a white fella in who will guarantee ratings but instead opts for an Asian bloke that'll make the channel less money because he's influenced by a BBC leaked email?

Whether your a fan of his or not he has these shows on his own merits and clearly must pull in audiences as he keeps getting given them
Unfortunately the BBC executive did just that, he was concerned that he wasn't getting the ethnic viewing figures he wanted, so hence he set the target, which once leaked is irretrievable. Matters nothing to me personally, There's good and bad in all genres but when people hear of quotas, and they don 't like a particular person it' s a convenient excuse.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the BBC executive did just that, he was concerned that he wasn't getting the ethnic viewing figures he wanted, so hence he set the target, which once leaked is irretrievable. Matters nothing to me personally, There's good and bad in all genres but when people hear of quotas, and they don 't like a particular person it' s a convenient excuse.

But he has shows on Sky and Dave. So it's completely irrelevant

But he has shows on Sky and Dave. So it's completely irrelevant
Think you're missing the point somewhat. It's about targets being set. Ethnic, special needs, women's representation. The BBC got caught out, so people just assume it is the same for all TV and media production.

Last edited:
Think you're missing the point somewhat. It's about targets being set. Ethnic, special needs, women's representation. The BBC got caught out, so people just assume it is the same for all TV and media production.

Did you read my post earlier? Sky and Dave are trying to make money, they don't give a fuck about quota's

BBC is publicly funded so has a duty to inclusion and diversity

That website is a absolute nightmare to actually read but I get the point.

Without being able to read it properly I would assume that was related to actors in series, panel shows etc

There is no chance at all that he is been given his own TV shows to fill a quota
I am sure that there is some chance as I have proven to you that Sky in fact do have Ethnic Quotas when you denied it. I now have a life to lead, so I'll leave it there.

Quotas for actors. Not to have your own show
I am back now and I can see you want to fight this out. You're wrong again the policy is across all Sky original and Sky entertainment channels. Coming back on track to the original argument you now know that some major TV companies have ethnic quotas (proven). So is it unreasonable to suggest that someone who thinks that a particular ethnic comedian is gash, may come to the conclusion that said comedian is just helping making the quota numbers up.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back