Rolex Watches

I keep changing my mind what I fancy for my retirement watch, if I went today I’d be getting a Blancpain fifty fathoms bathyscaphe with the black bezel/grey dial on the bracelet.

Rolex are the Beats by Dre of the watch world.

I've got the snide Seiko mod of the Fifty Fathoms.

You're spot on with the Beats comment an'all. I just want one, and if I'm spending a decent whack I'd like something that has good resale value.

The reverso is for polo

Richard Milles are the Bitcoin of the watch world at the moment it seems, you seen them things?
Dominic Hackett by any chance ?

No mate. But a good chance they do business together. Small street after all, most of the reputable people around there will have a use for each other at some point with something or other

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard Milles are the Bitcoin of the watch world at the moment it seems, you seen them things?

No mate. But a good chance they do business together. Small street after all, most of the reputable people around there will have a use for each other at some point with something or other

I really fancied a RM Skull watch when they were announced, until I saw the price....

I've got the snide Seiko mod of the Fifty Fathoms.

You're spot on with the Beats comment an'all. I just want one, and if I'm spending a decent whack I'd like something that has good resale value.
Don’t get me wrong I like a few Rolex models (the 39mm explorer was lush) but the sports models are ridiculously difficult to get hold of at rrp. I’m not playing the AD’s games to get hold of one so they can suck my plums.

I really fancied a RM Skull watch when they were announced, until I saw the price....

I know that they limit the production quantity, but fuck me, the rate that they go up in price purely based on jewellers telling everyone to buy it now before it goes up in price, is crazy.

Don’t get me wrong I like a few Rolex models (the 39mm explorer was lush) but the sports models are ridiculously difficult to get hold of at rrp. I’m not playing the AD’s games to get hold of one so they can suck my plums.

I'm leaning towards the Air-King 11900 cos absolutely nee fucker's got one.

I know that they limit the production quantity, but fuck me, the rate that they go up in price purely based on jewellers telling everyone to buy it now before it goes up in price, is crazy.

Simple solution is to raise the rrp to the Grey market price and sell on demand, doesn’t make sense that a watch that retails at £7.5 k can retail in a grey at £15k a day later.

More margin for both Rolex and the AD.

Alternatively carry on with charade that exists today , limited supply , unhappy retail customers and retailers who lie through their back teeth and piss folk off.

I'm leaning towards the Air-King 11900 cos absolutely nee fucker's got one.
That’s the one I got last year. Really nice watch and shouldn’t be a huge wait with the AD. I got mine at Goldsmiths in Newcastle (not the Eldon square one) I went to put my name down for it and they asked if I wanted to try it on and when I did said it’s available if I want it.
Nice daily watch and while not one that will go massively up in value it’s very much a marmite watch, there are a lot of 5’s on the dial but I like the corporate colours on the dial.

That’s the one I got last year. Really nice watch and shouldn’t be a huge wait with the AD. I got mine at Goldsmiths in Newcastle (not the Eldon square one) I went to put my name down for it and they asked if I wanted to try it on and when I did said it’s available if I want it.
Nice daily watch and while not one that will go massively up in value it’s very much a marmite watch, there are a lot of 5’s on the dial but I like the corporate colours on the dial.

Been told 6 months minimum, but when I put my name down for an Explorer I was 'on the list' for a year before someone told me there's nee such thing.

Back