Rolex Watches

Are these a classic watch or mark of geordie shore type?
Lad at work has one and must say its nothing that impressive for £3000 he paid for it

I bought one in Mexico once.
Lovely watch until I got home and noticed the “10” diamond :)lol:) was missing.
I can assure you I paid a lot less than the lad at your work......:)

Been on the waiting list for an Explorer for over 6 months. Shite.

Apparently the waiting lists don’t really exist and they are just fobbing people off. The dealers get so few of them they allocate them to repeat customers/mates etc. Buy a couple of omegas at full rrp and your luck might change! It’s shit cos they are nice watches but I can understand why they are selective, it’s like giving someone free cash as they have to sell at rrp and it’s worth thousands more on the open market. It’s mental.

Asian market has been driving the demand last couple of year. If Corona virus takes hold along with all the trouble in Honk Kong it could change pretty fast.

I don't like the Batman, but the GMT is an excellent choice. Got the discontinued stainless one a few weeks ago.

The Batman you won't get on a watching list anyway, you'd have to get the 'Batgirl' (126710BLNR) the 1167 Oyster Bracelet is now discontinued and GMTs look ugly with Jubilee imo.

What about a Submariner? They are very similar to GMTs, they just have an unpolished bracelet, but still have the rotating bezel and aren't discontinued in most models, so can probably pick up a better second hand deal if you want to swerve the waiting lists.

I do like the Submariner, with date however still looking at 12k for a RRP of 7k. Can't justify that kind of premium. Guess i will just have to wait in hope the demand loosens or go for something else.
Patek Phillipe, Ademars Piquet, Jaeger le coultre Breguet are all superior to a Rolex imo Also avoid Bling

Slightly different price bracket though. Would buy a Nautilus if i could afford one.
Logon or register to see this image

60 Grand though, second hand, so an 80% premium!!

Last edited:
I do like the Submariner, with date however still looking at 12k for a RRP of 7k. Can't justify that kind of premium. Guess i will just have to wait in hope the demand loosens or go for something else.

Slightly different price bracket though. Would buy a Nautilus if i could afford one.
Logon or register to see this image

60 Grand though, second hand, so an 80% premium!!

I was quoted significantly less than that for a sub date, brand new, unworn with stickers.

Apparently the waiting lists don’t really exist and they are just fobbing people off. The dealers get so few of them they allocate them to repeat customers/mates etc. Buy a couple of omegas at full rrp and your luck might change! It’s shit cos they are nice watches but I can understand why they are selective, it’s like giving someone free cash as they have to sell at rrp and it’s worth thousands more on the open market. It’s mental.

Been told as much by the lass in the shop. I think an Air King might be more achievable so will turn my attention to that.
Patek Phillipe, Ademars Piquet, Jaeger le coultre Breguet are all superior to a Rolex imo Also avoid Bling

:lol:

Last edited:

Back