Roker Rapport Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me I honestly don't think he's got a clue when it comes to football, he especially hasn't got the first clue about us. He's made a career by being the miserable funny one and cuddling up to the right people. Fair play to him though, I don't begrudge him anything, he seems a good bloke. He's the reason I don't listen to FW anymore though.

Wilson is another who is just constantly negative about us too. We get enough bad press from everyone else in the media, it would be nice if these 'supporters' dropped the misery act.
I'm the same squire used to love Football Weekly but rarely listen anymore. He's just an Irish Chris Sutton. Both Wilson and Glendenning have their own self styled conditioned personalities that they play up to but the novelty is wearing off for both.

I'm the same squire used to love Football Weekly but rarely listen anymore. He's just an Irish Chris Sutton. Both Wilson and Glendenning have their own self styled conditioned personalities that they play up to but the novelty is wearing off for both.

Glendenning was on Guardian football weekly this week and I had to fast forward whenever he was on. Awful

Bunch of whining f*ckers or realistic, non-bed wetting and measured football pundits?

just listened to the latest one today. thought it was a pile of shite and couldn't sit through it for more than about 5 or 10 minutes

Roker Report will never criticise Ellis Short, it's always the managers fault in their eyes. The real issue is why do managers keep failing under this charlatan owner, they won't criticise Short though.

well this has certainly changed then as all they did was slag off short endlessly with total assumptions given as fact. got very boring very quickly.

I listen but I wish the host would cut them off and move on. Some just seem to go round in circles on 10 minute rants try to make their point 5-6 times.

Roker Report has always been massively up the clubs arsehole. The cringeworthy way Fishpaste and his cronies bigged up Margaret Byrne liked she was some superhero was embarrassing and only now are people finally grasping how much of an horrific appointment she was.
Had a wonderful chat on the phone iirc

One tummy tickle and he was her bitch for life :lol:

Since Fishstick left they've got right up Shorty's kenk so can't agree with first sentence marra

Had a wonderful chat on the phone iirc

One tummy tickle and he was her bitch for life :lol:

Since Fishstick left they've got right up Shorty's kenk so can't agree with first sentence marra

I also agree with this, its like they saw the light.. and well would you believe it, it turned out to be correct.

just listened to the latest one today. thought it was a pile of shite and couldn't sit through it for more than about 5 or 10 minutes

well this has certainly changed then as all they did was slag off short endlessly with total assumptions given as fact. got very boring very quickly.

Same mate. Listensed yesterday. They contradict themselves massively and make huge assumptions on things they know absolutely nothing about. It's not balanced at all.

I'm not defending him here (as I don't really know the in's and out's) but the way they went on about Bain was cringe worthy. They don't know anything about what people are doing behind the scenes and are perhaps up against to change things. Especially given the short amount of time have been given to try last season.

It's a highly subjective podcast these days and just reminds me of the type of knacker you sometimes hear gobbing off on the terraces at matches and roll your eyes at.

They don't even go so some matches and still slag us off! (As happened on occasion last season!)

Last edited:
I enjoy it - yes you can pick holes in it, but in reality it's a few lads who love SAFC having the crack. Sometimes it's contradictory, sometimes they make huge assumptions, and sometimes their opinions change like the weather but I think every supporter is probably guilty of that.

Imo the main difference between the RR one and the into the light one is the number of people involved. RR just seem to let any of their writers be involved with no consistency of numbers or people (host excepted). This makes it difficult for the listener to form a 'relationship' with it. I must admit I get completely lost off with who's on the RR one, at least with ITTL Gareth and Stephen are consistently there so you can get a grasp of what they think as individuals over a good period of time. Although how long they can keep going without seeing the games too often is up for debate and dilutes their credibility a bit.

Last edited:
I enjoy it - yes you can pick holes in it, but in reality it's a few lads who love SAFC having the crack. Sometimes it's contradictory, sometimes they make huge assumptions, and sometimes their opinions change like the weather but I think every supporter is probably guilty of that.

Imo the main difference between the RR one and the into the light one is the number of people involved. RR just seem to let any of their writers be involved with no consistency of numbers or people (host excepted). This makes it difficult for the listener to form a 'relationship' with it. I must admit I get completely lost off with who's on the RR one, at least with ITTL Gareth and Stephen are consistently there so you can get a grasp of what they think as individuals over a good period of time. Although how long they can keep going without seeing the games too often is up for debate and dilutes their credibility a bit.

stephens had a season ticket since roker park and still gets to a lot of away games now even with a young family..he will of been to alot more games than a lot of fans his age have..travelled abroad watching england too..

Roker Rapport is a great for generating understanding between the people of Sunderland and encouraging compatibility and effective relationships.

I'm all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back