Roker Rapport Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roker Report will never criticise Ellis Short, it's always the managers fault in their eyes. The real issue is why do managers keep failing under this charlatan owner, they won't criticise Short though.

Stick to Wise Men Say podcast, at least they have no agenda and tell it like it is.

They said Short should leave on the last pod.

Football Weekly has quite a lot of Sunderland input with Glendenning & Wilson both being SAFC fans.

Glendenning being a fan is a pretty loose term.

Well today they tweeted .......

Everton defeat analysis; should Moyes go? Plus loads of #banter. https://t.co/f0BHm4DbQP #SAFC

Big emphasis on them wanting Moyes sacked I suspect and still nothing about Ellis Short.

There's a whole segment in the Podcast talking about why Short's time is up :lol:

Glendenning being a fan is a pretty loose term.

He's not got a clue about us really. I always find he comes off like a mag when talking about us

There's a whole segment in the Podcast talking about why Short's time is up :lol:

He's not got a clue about us really. I always find he comes off like a mag when talking about us

Why not promote that in your tweets promoting the podcast then? Stop worrying about what the club will say and grow some balls.

Why not promote that in your tweets promoting the podcast then? Stop worrying about what the club will say and grow some balls.
Far easier to change the manager than the chairman. And one is much more likely to dramatically change immediate results too.

Far easier to change the manager than the chairman. And one is much more likely to dramatically change immediate results too.

Nothing whatsoever will change until pressure is put on Short to sell at a realistic price. Changing manager might get a short term reaction but then will be back to square one and deeper into debt due to paying millions out sacking yet another manager.

Nothing whatsoever will change until pressure is put on Short to sell at a realistic price. Changing manager might get a short term reaction but then will be back to square one and deeper into debt due to paying millions out sacking yet another manager.
I think you have a point but more about the wider media and supporters groups.

Literally no one holds the club to account.

I have heard and read critical pieces of stuff in Roker Report and Wise Men Say in their podcasts and in things they write for the Echo.

But why does no one in the traditional media which dominate the region question the club?

I think you have a point but more about the wider media and supporters groups.

Literally no one holds the club to account.

I have heard and read critical pieces of stuff in Roker Report and Wise Men Say in their podcasts and in things they write for the Echo.

But why does no one in the traditional media which dominate the region question the club?

Access.

Indeed.

Fat Mike destroyed the press up here when he kicked the Chronicle out.

I thought it was shameful that each of the region's biggest newspapers just shrugged their shoulders and printed that redundancies were all just perfectly understandable.

They can both exist happily in the same world without people needing to compare them, surely

I subscribe to a tonne of Podcasts and most of them cross over the same subjects and topics, but it doesn't really matter.

In truth, WMS and the RR pod are fantastic free resources (the free word should be stressed further really) for Sunderland fans, particularly for the ones who live away from Sunderland and dont get the level of coverage abroad that we do back here. Credit to anyone who does that IMO
It's a typical British attitude. We scorn on enterprise and people doing well and trying new things.

Football Weekly has quite a lot of Sunderland input with Glendenning & Wilson both being SAFC fans.
Maybe I'd do the same self-deprecating, "aren't we shit" sort of shtick if I was on a national football podcast and Sunderland came up, as it's not like there's much to shout about, but I always find that Glendenning especially is particularly negative and mocking of us. Gets a bit boring. I wouldn't mind hearing him stick up for us a bit more, fight our corner.

i listen to both and rather enjoy them, as for having a go at the owner that is not for a podcast to do, that is up to supporters themselves, and we been backwards and forwards on the issue for years now, but there comes a time when a line has to be drawn, by supporters, however that depends greatly on said supporters point of view, i know where i stand on this issue, and i am clear the sooner short sells up and leaves the better.

Maybe I'd do the same self-deprecating, "aren't we shit" sort of shtick if I was on a national football podcast and Sunderland came up, as it's not like there's much to shout about, but I always find that Glendenning especially is particularly negative and mocking of us. Gets a bit boring. I wouldn't mind hearing him stick up for us a bit more, fight our corner.
Spot on mate he is always on a downer and seems to revel in our rubbishness.

Spot on mate he is always on a downer and seems to revel in our rubbishness.

To me I honestly don't think he's got a clue when it comes to football, he especially hasn't got the first clue about us. He's made a career by being the miserable funny one and cuddling up to the right people. Fair play to him though, I don't begrudge him anything, he seems a good bloke. He's the reason I don't listen to FW anymore though.

Wilson is another who is just constantly negative about us too. We get enough bad press from everyone else in the media, it would be nice if these 'supporters' dropped the misery act.

We're actually quite limited on non-biased SAFC audio coverage. BBC Newcastle Totalsport is typically BBC and unoffensive, whilst whenever the national radios cover us we're belittled.
That's what I was getting at marra. Anything SAFC-related is welcome makes a change from talking bollocks on here ;)

No one is slagging it off mind.
You were, Gipetto grassed you up:lol:;)

Anyone got links or advice where to find these podcasts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back