Roker Rapport Podcast: With Stewart Donald (Tues 28th May)

For God's sake Gav, can you make sure someone asks him about our approach to data and anaytics? We appear to be very 'old school' in how we do things (SDs comments about relying on Coton and his contacts, JR dismissing xG as just a betting thing). Yet the best, highest performing clubs in this league and abroad are fully embracing the concept and embedding it into their decision making process (as evidenced by this article in NYT on Liverpool's success). He has said that we need to be smarter in how we operate and make money go as far as we can. This is the next frontier for football and the teams who embrace this early - right throughout the pyramid - will be the ones who benefit most. We cannot afford to miss the boat.

Cracking question. This is one of the things I’ve alluded to on here in the past about Jack Ross not necessarily appearing to be what we were sold last summer.

Turn 4G off and you'll get a signal!

Ssssh man

What was the thought process behind bringing in a director of football? Was the current manager consulted about it and did he give his approval?

With the new organisation of the footballing side of the house, can you lay out who has what responsibility ie over scouting, transfer targets and approving players for contract negotiations?

What progress is being made on youth team contracts?

What improvements have been made in the academy and youth scouting? Are we focusing on U.K. talent?

Are you concerned how Brexit may affect future transfers? If so what has the club done to prepare for it? Are the club focusing on areas outside of Europe in the short term to mitigate against any EU visa/work permit concerns. Are we prioritising paying back any foreign related payments at this time?

Is Will Grigg leaving in the summer? If not, why not?

With parents and young kids staying away from matches due to safety why hasn’t the away fans been moved.

Has there been any investigation or further training provided for stewards who refused to stop away fans throwing objects.

Next seasons home strip.... just why....

Hi Stewart

Why do you bother? I'd sell up if I were you and let someone else take the massive over the top stick you're currently receiving from sections of our support.

Kind Regards

The Rock

:lol::oops::oops:

He’s universally loved

Nice wind up though, even by your standards

What was the thought process behind bringing in a director of football? Was the current manager consulted about it and did he give his approval?

With the new organisation of the footballing side of the house, can you lay out who has what responsibility ie over scouting, transfer targets and approving players for contract negotiations?

What progress is being made on youth team contracts?

What improvements have been made in the academy and youth scouting? Are we focusing on U.K. talent?

Are you concerned how Brexit may affect future transfers? If so what has the club done to prepare for it? Are the club focusing on areas outside of Europe in the short term to mitigate against any EU visa/work permit concerns. Are we prioritising paying back any foreign related payments at this time?
we dont have a director of football-for the reason you implied.
richard hill is not director of football-though he performs most of the work of one-he is stewrats football adviser..

:lol::oops::oops:

He’s universally loved

Nice wind up though, even by your standards
aye the guy who threatened to hurt his family sure loves him..

richard hill is not director of football-though he performs most of the work of one-he is stewrats football adviser..

So one person means he isn’t liked? Give over

On ignore he goes. My last ban was because of him

No it’s because you probably doing what you’re doing now, winding people up for no reason

I know we haven’t appointed anyone but it was in the papers regarding us possibly bringing someone in so that’s why I am asking

Hi Stewart

Why do you bother? I'd sell up if I were you and let someone else take the massive over the top stick you're currently receiving from sections of our support.

Kind Regards

The Rock
Hi Stuart

Ignore rocky he’s a chutney ferret.

Loves and hugs

Gumpy x

Back