Roker Rapport Podcast: With Stewart Donald (Tues 28th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will he see all questions or will they be censored again? ;)

Absolutely nothing gets censored, behave ;)

That’s largely going to depend on how Sunday goes I’d imagine!

Will revisit this thread after the weekend too, the lads aren't meeting to put the Pod plan together until Monday night.

What are plans for the PC if we are promoted?

Eastleigh away in pre-season?

Are the mannequins wearing red shorts in the club shop because we are keeping them for next season?

Re: Shorts, the ones for this season are the same ones as last season as there was such a huge surplus!

Last edited:

Coming on a podcast after cm has been on the radio last week, to answer loads of questions and concerns about recent stories.
Wonder if he'll still be belittled by a few on here for hiding away or will folk begin to see how transparent he wants to be.

Hi Stewart

Why do you bother? I'd sell up if I were you and let someone else take the massive over the top stick you're currently receiving from sections of our support.

Kind Regards

The Rock
I agree.
The most transparent owners we've had.
The hardest working owners. Desperate to do anything to succeed and make us increase our turnover so we can compete.
Wants to get fans involved as much as possible.
And yet folk slag them off and call them chancers and can't wait to put a negative spin on them at the earliest opportunity.

You’ve previously mentioned ways that the club can generate money by branching into other areas. Would it be feasible to invest in our own manufacturing company to produce our own kits and training gear? Surely this would be more cost effective and we could have strips that didn’t look like they were designed by a 10 year old on an App

Given that many of us believe the academy to be critical to any future success, the running of it appears from the outside to be very concerning. Our best young players seem to be leaving on mass for minimal fees. There was investment spoken about for the academy, but the actuality appears in stark contrast. A lot has been said about not being able to do anything about it although we have had people close to those that have left say the opposite and confirmed that it is their opinion, that the club was only too happy to receive a fee. Can Stewart clarify if he is pleased to sell of youngsters or if he would prefer to keep them, if he would prefer to keep them, what was done on an individual basis to give us the best opportunity to progress these youngsters at the club?

Is he happy with how the academy has performed this season? Paul Reid's influence? Is the intent there to produce players for the first team, and what is the stratagy to do this?

Donald spoke of January with clubs adding millions of pounds onto players value due to a "Sunderland Tax". Does he believe that signing Will Grigg for 4 million pounds will add to that tax in the future? Will they see us coming?

How are we counteracting clubs trying to fleece us?

How does he see the scouting set up evolving, is the plans in place to grow whatever system we have or implement a new set up? I'm aware that he said one or two new people were coming into this department but has any thought gone into how the scouting is done? Anything particularly clever or different from other clubs? Will future signings be done under any philosophy (such as to sell for profit) or is it more what we need at the time?

Have any actual conversations been had with Juan to discuss how Monaco went about changing their clubs philosophy very successfully from spending silly money to purchasing excellent prospects?

Has this season encouraged him that this is what he wants to do long term or that he is better suited to a couple of years?

Have any long term plans been created or is the onus firmly on getting the current fundamentals (staff, sponsorship, costs) to be the best they can be?

We saw speculation that John Park was linked, is this true? If not, have you considered bringing someone in with the experience of deploying a long term plan or strategy?

You’ve previously mentioned ways that the club can generate money by branching into other areas. Would it be feasible to invest in our own manufacturing company to produce our own kits and training gear? Surely this would be more cost effective and we could have strips that didn’t look like they were designed by a 10 year old on an App
This is a really good idea

Coming on a podcast after cm has been on the radio last week, to answer loads of questions and concerns about recent stories.
Wonder if he'll still be belittled by a few on here for hiding away or will folk begin to see how transparent he wants to be.

He actually messaged me to ask if we wanted to do a Podcast on the 28th just after the first leg of the semis, so he was going to talk regardless. He'll probably be looking forward to clearing up that Mail article like.

would lose us money-i mean adidas or whoever pay us-we dont pay them...so right now we make cash from it..the other way we would have to pay to make the shirts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back