Roker End volunteers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive thank you to those on here & off social media who’ve stuck their hand up to volunteer on match days. The effort has been tremendous and it goes beyond set up before the game too. Half time & full time folk are there asking what needs to be done! Met some class people in the last week.

Cheers folks!
Your efforts have not gone unnoticed. Yesterday was inspirational and looked fabulous. Give yersels a pat on the back.

Cracking from all involved.
I know some soft lads have had a moan about the flags during the game. But it would look mint if they were on show throughout the 90 mins.

Been over in Düsseldorf where they do it all game and it’s mint

I noticed the east stand union Jack and a few other flags around the ground I hadn't seen before.

Mebbes the Wembley trip prompted a few people to get up in the loft and pull out the old flags from years gone by.

I often wonder what happened to the giant ones from the 92 cup run...

It's spreading too, noticed a lovely old Sunderland Union Jack draped over one of the exits in the east stand yesterday (from my seat in the west stand).

It's all finally adding a bit of mood and colour to the stadium just need to get Donald to tell the stewards to turn a blind eye to the odd red smoke bomb and we might have a sight to behold
Aye I noticed from the S/S, big one too.

Had a great one. Cauld Lad on tour. I have seen a couple of pictures of it o on this forum, or maybe twitter.

Looks class

Why do so many get collected at half time though?

to avoid them going missing. The smaller ones in particular can be taken fairly easily. The strategy has worked so far so we thought we'd try and utilise the bigger ones towards the end on Friday.

A lad stood next to me during the Coventry game said he'd spent 6 hours in the SoL the day before the game helping to set up and then another 3 hours before KO setting up.:eek::eek:

6 hours is an exaggeration. It was closer to four and a half. That was just for the initial planning as we had no idea where we wanted anything and all 200 flags were still in their packaging so we decided to get in and get them out before the first game rather than doing it on match day. We were then in at 12pm to do the rest. The time spent on set up and planning is getting shorter already as we get more experience.

Last edited:
to avoid them going missing. The smaller ones in particular can be taken fairly easily. The strategy has worked so far so we thought we'd try and utilise the bigger ones towards the end on Friday.

6 hours is an exaggeration. It was closer to four and a half. That was just for the initial planning as we had no idea where we wanted anything and all 200 flags were still in their packaging so we decided to get in and get them out before the first game rather than doing it on match day. We were then in at 12pm to do the rest. The time spent on set up and planning is getting shorter already as we get more experience.

Gunna grass him in. Slim lad with a beard, was stood away from the rest of the lads who were doing it.

I thought that as well as the RAWA display, all the personal flags behind the goal at the very bottom of the south stand looked quality, I loved that massive Union Jack in the east stand too. Hats off to everybody making a contribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back