Roker End volunteers.

Not to be negative, but the overall theme of the flags and banners suggests a celebration of 90’s SAFC when we were shit and the early Reid years - the crest, the flags based on shirts from the era - where we were on the ascendancy, but still firmly First Division (now Championship) and mediocre.

Even the banners with the league championship trophy from 1936 etc which is now more widely associated with winning the second tier, play into this. Perhaps the next theme can be more ambitious, forward thinking and set the stall a bit higher than what seems like a celebration of a past era of utter mediocrity?

I expect criticism from the usual suspects here, but this is said in good faith.

What a load of shite.
Not to be negative, but the overall theme of the flags and banners suggests a celebration of 90’s SAFC when we were shit and the early Reid years - the crest, the flags based on shirts from the era - where we were on the ascendancy, but still firmly First Division (now Championship) and mediocre.

Even the banners with the league championship trophy from 1936 etc which is now more widely associated with winning the second tier, play into this. Perhaps the next theme can be more ambitious, forward thinking and set the stall a bit higher than what seems like a celebration of a past era of utter mediocrity?

I expect criticism from the usual suspects here, but this is said in good faith.
What a load of shite.

Last edited:
What a load of shite.

What a load of shite.
Instead of responding with ‘what a load of shite’ twice like a knuckle-dragger, how about attempting a coherent response where you try to tell me what you think I’m actually wrong about? Although, I understand that that will be difficult for a low aptitude person like yourself, given what I said was correct.

Last edited:

No criticism apart from you’ve offered no alternatives or suggestions.

So instead of celebrating past league wins that were second tier(?) what would you suggest? A banner that says League Winners 2026 or something?

No criticism apart from you’ve offered no alternatives or suggestions.
My own preference would be for any flags/banners to have their themes directed/urging the club towards future successes rather than being a celebration of a dead past. There are many ways this can be achieved.

I am not critical of the design aspects, or the implementation. And I am not knocking the people who have devoted their efforts towards doing something, as it has added colour. This is merely a comment on the theme/overall message.
So instead of celebrating past league wins that were second tier(?) what would you suggest? A banner that says League Winners 2026 or something?
A quick Google search will find many variations on that kind of message from various ultra groups.

Being bold and optimistic about the future isn’t something to be scoffed.

Last edited:

Are they?
Loads of red and white flags, with different badges on.
Banners celebrating league wins and cups.
Canny variety of designs.

Not really sure what you'd want instead, or expected?
Weren't even second tier. It's celebrating winning the football league

Instead of responding with ‘what a load of shite’ twice like a knuckle-dragger, how about attempting a coherent response where you try to tell me what you think I’m actually wrong about? Although, I understand that that will be difficult for a low aptitude person like yourself, given what I said was correct.
Did you contribute to the flags? Did you make suggestions for the flags? Do you deny our history? Do you not think there is a variety of flags. Sorry to be aggressive before but celebrating a win but don't need negativity.

Are they?
Loads of red and white flags, with different badges on.
Banners celebrating league wins and cups.
Canny variety of designs.

Not really sure what you'd want instead, or expected?
If you actually looked at the display you would see flags and banners based on:
- the 1992 away shirt worn in a cup final defeat
- various 90’s away kits and goalkeeper kit as worn by luminaries such as Alec Chamberlain.
Did you contribute to the flags? Did you make suggestions for the flags? Do you deny our history? Do you not think there is a variety of flags. Sorry to be aggressive before but celebrating a win but don't need negativity.
I have said all I have to say on this in this thread, enjoy your evening.

Last edited:

Back