Roger Waters Big Mouth?

Is it - whatever opinion Roger Waters may have, that may have some merit at its core, Roger Waters always manages to be a complete dick about it?
Spot on. I saw him interviewed about wish you were here, he was only on screen for about a minute but his character shone through. I switched it off as I didn't want to not be able to enjoy the music.

"Some of my best friends are jews"

A quick look on Twitter shows that Twitter member is a Tankie Putin-appeaser.

Don't think Corbin is personally anti-semitic. The problem is that as the kind of beardy lefty who believes in supporting Palestine by taking their side in a very binary way, he ends up sharing a platform with some people who are. And that tendency got a foothold in the party and he's got absolutely no ability to lead an organisation of many hundreds plus hundreds of thousands of members to stamp that shit out.

I think he re-ignited the feud a few month ago as he called out Gilmour for wrecking "his" Pink Floyd legacy. Again. Let it go man, its been nearly 40 years.
i take it then that their relationship is wained somewhat in recent years, it seemed that for a while in the late 00's early 10's that they were on better terms? never expcted they'd appear together but it sounds like their relationship is only getting worse.

out of everything though, and gilmour says it was all demonstrable... does waters lip sync?

Last edited:
i take it then that their relationship is wained somewhat in recent years, it seemed that for a while in the late 00's early 10's that they were on better terms? never expcted they'd appear together but it sounds like their relationship is only getting worse.

out of everything though, and gilmour says it was all demonstrable... does waters lip sync?

aye, sadly. They were guesting at each others solo gigs a few years ago and seemed to be at last letting bygones be bygones. I think this is a continuation of the falling out that started relating to the Animals reissue a few years ago where RW claimed DG was re-writing history. RW then proceeded to pick at more scabs and got the reaction he was probably looking for

The lip synching is a new one mind.

I listened to a Rolling Stone podcast with him the other month expecting a car crash interview with loads of wacky opinions. Instead he came across as kind of reasonable (as in polite and listening to the other person) but also thick as fck. Like an overexcited fourteen year old who’d read some “interesting stuff” on the net. It was also quite boring.
He’s a daft fanny no doubt. Embarrassing that he’s another lip sync fcker too!
If anyone’s interested it’s called
“Roger Waters a contentious political discussion.” The podcast is Rolling Stone Music Now and the date was 4th October 2022

Last edited:
Just one extract from his recent interview (which started with a rant about THE ISRAELI LOBBY);

"If one looks at the conflict neutrally, one can see Putin as the aggressor. Do you think we are all brainwashed?

Yes, I do indeed, definitely. Brainwashed, you said it."

He's basically turned into Corbyn with a guitar.
Always has been.

Just one extract from his recent interview (which started with a rant about THE ISRAELI LOBBY);

"If one looks at the conflict neutrally, one can see Putin as the aggressor. Do you think we are all brainwashed?

Yes, I do indeed, definitely. Brainwashed, you said it."

He's basically turned into Corbyn with a guitar.

Jeremy Corbyn with a guitar sounds like my worst nightmare. I'd prefer a Russian invasion than have to listen to him strumming chords and expressing his folky musical dogma

"Some of my best friends are jews"

A quick look on Twitter shows that Twitter member is a Tankie Putin-appeaser.
"I'm really surprised to discover that" said no one, ever.
Jeremy Corbyn with a guitar sounds like my worst nightmare. I'd prefer a Russian invasion than have to listen to him strumming chords and expressing his folky musical dogma
Jeremy wouldn't even want you to have so much as a triangle to defend yourself in case you invaded Russia with it.

Last edited:
The lip synching is a new one mind.
Is it a by product of these big stage productions (like the wall), where in his attempts to recreate the studio sound versus the big sets… that he resorts to recorded vocals?

It just seem the most outlandish bit of the accusations…
Hope he isn't lip syncing
It seems an odd one for someone like him, a kinda get the likes Britney or Madonna with big stage performances (plus iffy vocals)…

Last edited:
Going to see him in concert this year in Birmingham. Hope he isn't lip syncing
I'm going there too so fully agree.

I did see him at Wembley a few years ago and it was class, don't know if he was lip synching or not but for someone who grew up as a massive Floyd/Waters fan it was probably the closest I'll get to a religious experience!

Don't think Corbin is personally anti-semitic. The problem is that as the kind of beardy lefty who believes in supporting Palestine by taking their side in a very binary way, he ends up sharing a platform with some people who are. And that tendency got a foothold in the party and he's got absolutely no ability to lead an organisation of many hundreds plus hundreds of thousands of members to stamp that shit out.
It's interesting that they're both (quite likely) atheist.

Back