Roger Waters Big Mouth?

Why? I’m assuming because he has strong opinions on things? You can’t just say he’s not convincing you and move on? He has to be a knob.

He shouts into the camera, uses too many expletives, calls people names, hopes to come face to face with an MP, bangs on about fake news and cancel culture, refers to Piers Morgan as a real journalist and says something along the lines of, ‘they want to cancel Roger Waters! The man who wrote….blah blah, a few songs’.
So yeah, he comes across as a nob and not someone trying to make any kind of reasoned argument. That all happens in the first 1min 30secs, so that’s my first impression of him.

He shouts into the camera, uses too many expletives, calls people names, hopes to come face to face with an MP, bangs on about fake news and cancel culture, refers to Piers Morgan as a real journalist and says something along the lines of, ‘they want to cancel Roger Waters! The man who wrote….blah blah, a few songs’.
So yeah, he comes across as a nob and not someone trying to make any kind of reasoned argument. That all happens in the first 1min 30secs, so that’s my first impression of him.
So you think him making an impassioned rebuttal makes him a knob when he has had months of false accusations against him? Accusations labelling him a racist.

Went to see him Friday night. Never seen a show quite like it. Superb.

And if ya can't twig what's going on with the uniform, flags, regalia, and ultimately the machine gun fired at the audience, then you're a complete imbecile.
Ooh, we were there, too.

Was a fantastic show mind.

We thought we had canny good seats, but turned out they were brilliant when we saw the stage was on the floor and we were front row middle of the second level.

Seen him a good few times now and the one a few years ago in Birmingham was probably my favourite ever gig. Mainly due to the set list as I thought his last album was amazing.

Don’t know anything about him. Watched the first couple of minutes and he came across as a right prick. You’d think he had solved world hunger not written a few pop songs half a century ago.
:lol: And there you have it. Some people simply haven't got the attention span these days to take in anything more than a bullshit headline or internet meme.

Sad.

:lol: And there you have it. Some people simply haven't got the attention span these days to take in anything more than a bullshit headline or internet meme.

Sad.
Aye nail on head there. He explains it fully in that video and whether or not you agree with his political views you can’t help but think it’s fair enough what he’s said. You can then either go to the show or not. There’s no need to give him abuse.

Anyone who indicates any form of support for Palestinians is immediately labelled anti Semitic and that is presented as case done and dusted. Anyone who makes a clear distinction between the state of Israel and Jewish people is likewise called anti Semitic. In the Labour Party recently Starmer has been kicking out lifelong members who are Jewish and abhor the persecution of Palestinians by the state of Israel and they are being described as anti Semitic. It's not about logical debate.

Criminal behaviour by states against other countries or against their own inhabitants has to be criticised and attempts made to change things if is Nazi Germany, Putin's Russia, apartheid South Africa, Britain in Ireland and Israel in Palestine

Waters is a strange mixture, Countryside Alliance and supporting Palestine are unusual bedfellows in the modern political landscape. His personal arguments with David Gilmour reveal two spiky, stubborn people who don't like each other and this boiled over into Gilmour's wife labelling Waters anti Semitic in public.

Waters clearly mixes music and theatre and has done for a long time. Is The Sound of Music supporting the nazis because people wear nazi uniforms?

I don't listen to Waters or Pink Floyd after about 1972 and he comes across as bitter (about Floyd), personally tormented and a bit of a pseudo intellectual which sometimes causes him problems when he has to explain himself but his anger is justified when he is villified as anti Semitic when he so clearly isn't. Nuance isn't part of headline debate.

Sad.
Haven’t read any headlines, I just watched the video. I’ve got more than enough attention span to comprehend what he might have to say but based on the first minute, I wasn’t prepared to waste anymore time on some old pop star ranting on. Couldn’t give a toss on whatever his political views may or may not be, but my immediate impression was the bloke was an idiot.

Haven’t read any headlines, I just watched the video. I’ve got more than enough attention span to comprehend what he might have to say but based on the first minute, I wasn’t prepared to waste anymore time on some old pop star ranting on. Couldn’t give a toss on whatever his political views may or may not be, but my immediate impression was the bloke was an idiot.
You're openly admitting, repeatedly, that you haven't the attention span to listen to what he has to say.

No I haven’t. I’ve made a conscious decision not to watch any further based on my impression of him. Perhaps your attention span hasn’t managed to comprehend that.
But what compelled you to watch it in the first place? What was the point in pressing play on a video of a man you reckon you know nothing about, addressing the claim that he's an antisemite, when you can't be bothered to stick around for the answers?

Instead you've jumped to your conclusion within minutes.

But what compelled you to watch it in the first place? What was the point in pressing play on a video of a man you reckon you know nothing about, addressing the claim that he's an antisemite, when you can't be bothered to stick around for the answers?

Instead you've jumped to your conclusion within minutes.
It was at the top of the board, randomly pressed play and decided I didn’t like the bloke, if that’s ok with you. By him creating a video, he is putting himself out there for people to form subjective opinions on him and his views. I didn’t like him so didn’t care to waste any more time on him, or find out about his views.

If you like him and his music crack on, my opinion is the opposite. That’s just the way the world goes.

It was at the top of the board, randomly pressed play and decided I didn’t like the bloke, if that’s ok with you. By him creating a video, he is putting himself out there for people to form subjective opinions on him and his views. I didn’t like him so didn’t care to waste any more time on him, or find out about his views.

If you like him and his music crack on, my opinion is the opposite. That’s just the way the world goes.
He’s absolutely made you look a lazy fool. You’ve read a thread and rather than actually educate yourself of the facts you’ve admitted you don’t have the attention span to bother. Your opinion is baseless and frankly not worth a light.

He’s absolutely made you look a lazy fool. You’ve read a thread and rather than actually educate yourself of the facts you’ve admitted you don’t have the attention span to bother. Your opinion is baseless and frankly not worth a light.

Last edited:
The opinion of a grown man who invents internet persona’s, with football transfer tittle tattle from Peterlee Catholic Club, seeking attention means zero to me.

You are conflating my opinion on the bloke with the political argument on his viewpoint. You have tried to jump on something that isn’t there to look clever. I gave my opinion on the bloke, and on the evidence of his character, didn’t wish to delve further. That’s my prerogative.

You seem to lack the capacity to understand that if you don’t like someone, something, a film, a book or a song, you don’t have to persist with it. It’s nothing to do with attention span.

The opinion of a grown man who invents internet persona’s, with football transfer tittle tattle from Peterlee Catholic Club, seeking attention means zero to me.

You are conflating my opinion on the bloke with the political argument on his viewpoint. You have tried to jump on something that isn’t there to look clever. I gave my opinion on the bloke, and on the evidence of his character, didn’t wish to delve further. That’s my prerogative.

You seem to lack the capacity to understand that if you don’t like someone, something, a film, a book or a song, you don’t have to persist with it. It’s nothing to do with attention span.
I’m perfectly capable of understanding you don’t have to persist and if you weren’t slinging insults around and have left the thread I’d have had respect for you however you are here not only trying to upset me but slagging someone off who isn’t here to defend themselves based on absolutely nothing. You haven’t bothered to listen to the man’s views but are very happy to call him names.

Not sure if his political opinions have changed much over the years, but his voice certainly has.
Compare this with how he drawls and swears today:

Not sure if his political opinions have changed much over the years, but his voice certainly has.
Compare this with how he drawls and swears today:

Don’t think there’s that much difference really but then I suppose years of singing, pollution etc would change your voice.

I’m perfectly capable of understanding you don’t have to persist and if you weren’t slinging insults around and have left the thread I’d have had respect for you however you are here not only trying to upset me but slagging someone off who isn’t here to defend themselves based on absolutely nothing. You haven’t bothered to listen to the man’s views but are very happy to call him names.
Again, I gave my impression of the person. It’s an internet forum, I’m allowed to do that.

You and others are more than entitled to like the guy. I know of some of Pink Floyd’s major hits, but don’t know about him. He could be incredibly talented and have other great qualities. In my opinion however, his bombastic approach and prima-donna attitude jarred with me and I found I didn’t like him, and didn’t want to listen to anything more he had to say for himself.

That’s it.

Again, I gave my impression of the person. It’s an internet forum, I’m allowed to do that.

You and others are more than entitled to like the guy. I know of some of Pink Floyd’s major hits, but don’t know about him. He could be incredibly talented and have other great qualities. In my opinion however, his bombastic approach and prima-donna attitude jarred with me and I found I didn’t like him, and didn’t want to listen to anything more he had to say for himself.

That’s it.
You’re talking about two Different things. Nobody is on about his music we’re talking about him being ‘cancelled’ which is pathetic.

You haven’t helped matters by coming on slagging him off after watching a minute of a video.

Back