Roger Waters Big Mouth?

Waters considers Israel to be an apartheid state, he considers the west to be surrounding Russia in violation of existing agreements and even recognises China's claims toward Taiwan. He suggests that people who disagree should read more.
I don’t really disagree with much of that, the below pretty much sums it up though…
Is it - whatever opinion Roger Waters may have, that may have some merit at its core, Roger Waters always manages to be a complete dick about it?

Seems determined to be controversial. Maybe to try and stay in the headlines, although I don't know why. I'd imagine he'd be someone who'd sell tickets with limited publicity. Maybe he's just a twat:

“Police are investigating former Pink Floyd bassist Roger Waters after he wore what appeared to be a Nazi SS uniform during a concert in Germany.”

He will be livid they’ve referred to him as the former bassist rather than centre of the universe.

Last edited:
“Police are investigating former Pink Floyd bassist Roger Waters after he wore what appeared to be a Nazi SS uniform during a concert in Germany.”

He will be livid they’ve referred to him as the former bassist rather than centre of the universe.
Think this is something specific to performing in Germany, there is context with the original film and supposedly this isn't the first time the costume or similar has been worn. Wonder if he toned it down for German gigs previously, but in his current spikey phase he's going all in?

Blokes still a bellend mind.

I’m not saying he’s not an idiot - cos he obviously is! But he is wearing a costume from The Wall there which as far as I remember is anti-Nazi in tone

Think this is something specific to performing in Germany, there is context with the original film and supposedly this isn't the first time the costume or similar has been worn. Wonder if he toned it down for German gigs previously, but in his current spikey phase he's going all in?

Blokes still a bellend mind.

I wasn’t being specific to this incident!

I’m not saying he’s not an idiot - cos he obviously is! But he is wearing a costume from The Wall there which as far as I remember is anti-Nazi in tone
I'll defend Roger here.

I honestly don't think that he's that much of an idiot. The thread title is correct. Roger Waters does have a very big mouth. He's bolshie and his thoughts are sometimes outside the box. He's a complex man who wears his heart on his sleeve and he puts himself up there to be shot down and he makes no apologies for it.

Exactly right with The Wall comment. He's been wearing that costume for over 40yrs now. He wore it in Berlin when he played a gig as the Berlin Wall came down iirc and no one said anything then. The costume always looked like the uniform of a South American Junta anyway rather than a nazi uniform if it's the same one I'm thinking of although he does sometimes wear a black uniform with the crossed hammers, giving off the nazi vibe.

It really is a load of crap about nothing.

I'll defend Roger here.

I honestly don't think that he's that much of an idiot. The thread title is correct. Roger Waters does have a very big mouth. He's bolshie and his thoughts are sometimes outside the box. He's a complex man who wears his heart on his sleeve and he puts himself up there to be shot down and he makes no apologies for it.

Exactly right with The Wall comment. He's been wearing that costume for over 40yrs now. He wore it in Berlin when he played a gig as the Berlin Wall came down iirc and no one said anything then. The costume always looked like the uniform of a South American Junta anyway rather than a nazi uniform if it's the same one I'm thinking of although he does sometimes wear a black uniform with the crossed hammers, giving off the nazi vibe.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge of the band as I've never really been into them but if the photos on the BBC article are correct then it's the 2nd outfit you mentioned. Definitely looks like an SS uniform to me.

I'll defend Roger here.

Don't remember the flying pig having the star of david on it mind.

Back