Rio Olympics 2016 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

watched the road race, bit rowing, the archery, bit womens 7s rugby, 2nd half of germany v aus womens footy and just wathched angola beat romania at womens handball

Attendances are shocking. Could not have been more than 20% of capacity at the field hockey, rugby, weightlifting and handball that I've watched. For an opening weekend with great weather that is very disappointing.

Logon or register to see this image

Christ, that's bad. Going by the vid he's very calm considering he's just snapped his leg. I'd like to think I'd react like that, but pretty much know I wouldn't.

Not the best of starts for Team GB. Should have ideally had a medal in the road race. Read somewhere we haven't won a gold medal on the opening day for two decades now :eek:

Hopefully Peaty can smash his way to gold tomorrow!!

Meanwhile in Australia there coverage is crap. They have three channels that is all dedicated to the Aussie athletes which I expected but they dont even have a red button to choose your sport! You have to download there app and pay $20 to watch some of the sports and it's useless. It just keeps crashing. Slag of the BBC all you want but they have the Olympics covered compared to over here!!

Strangely in the USA the NBC app that gives you access to every event had Australian commentary for a bunch of events. They weren't even heavily biased towards the Aussies.

Beach volleyball on BBC 1 now.

Russia v Brazil

Interesting contest in the ideals of femininity. I'd have said Russia v Sweden would probably be the best but this does give a bit more of a contrast in blonde vs latina

Mens lightweight weighlifting.

These blokes are 8 stone maximum lifting over 100 kg's ffs. The weights are bigger than these lot.

Logon or register to see this image

Christ, that's bad. Going by the vid he's very calm considering he's just snapped his leg. I'd like to think I'd react like that, but pretty much know I wouldn't.
Nasty that like! oof!

Attendances are shocking. Could not have been more than 20% of capacity at the field hockey, rugby, weightlifting and handball that I've watched. For an opening weekend with great weather that is very disappointing.
I'm surprised by this, should be full up! FFS it's The Olympics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back