Rio Olympics 2016 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not overly bothered by the equestrian stuff but, given the back story, were William Fox-Pitt to win a medal, that would be one of the stories of the Olympics.

Can't get myself excited about it. Any interesting bits will be shown on the news anyway and that will be enough for me.

I wonder if any of those poor sods living in poverty in the slums up the hillside will see any benefit from it or have they all been swept under the carpet till it's all over "

Shite when these things are on half way across the world. Owt at the sharp end where it matters will be kicking off at fuck o clock, we will get stuck watching archery, kayaking and f***ing golf

Shite when these things are on half way across the world. Owt at the sharp end where it matters will be kicking off at fuck o clock, we will get stuck watching archery, kayaking and f***ing golf

In general i actually prefer this to the 2012 schedule as daft as that sounds. We are just 4 hours ahead of Rio. The only problem is a lot of the main highlights are on 10pm Brazil time (2am here), rather than the prime 7pm or 8pm which they were in 2012 - that would have been fine for me and a lot of people (11ish), but 2am for the athletics track finals and swimming finals is a bit grim.

However, the average 9-5 worker will get to see a lot of stuff from 5-11pm which they would normally have missed being at work and for a lot of sports that i am interested in - boxing, hockey, tennis, handball etc seem to be on at perfect time, so overall i'm pretty pleased with the schedule.

In general i actually prefer this to the 2012 schedule as daft as that sounds. We are just 4 hours ahead of Rio. The only problem is a lot of the main highlights are on 10pm Brazil time (2am here), rather than the prime 7pm or 8pm which they were in 2012 - that would have been fine for me and a lot of people (11ish), but 2am for the athletics track finals and swimming finals is a bit grim.

However, the average 9-5 worker will get to see a lot of stuff from 5-11pm which they would normally have missed being at work and for a lot of sports that i am interested in - boxing, hockey, tennis, handball etc seem to be on at perfect time, so overall i'm pretty pleased with the schedule.

Travel times give me mixed feelings about that. I'm up at 6:30am (out just after 7:30) and back home 6:15-6:30pm. To be fair, I've taken next Thursday onward off so can move to Brazil time. The swimming time change I mentioned above is annoying though. Basically, things get rearranged for the US market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back