Rightmove Voyeurism

Just moved from a terrace on a main road to a detached house on an estate and the difference in my quality of life is immeasurable. I am often found standing in the back garden at all times of day or night with a cup of tea in one hand and a massive grin on my face.
If you can do it, then you should. It's a massive game changer
exactly this. Bought our current house detached big garden 12 yrs ago. Difference from living in a semi was amazing..no keeping quiet etc. When things went well we looked at these huge houses at Wynard and Durham and even considered buying land and buidling. However kids are happy with their mates, close to the school and all my memories are here of the kids growing up. Why move to a mansion just cos you can afford it. Like another poster said....keep the money in the bank and enjoy it.
Might of been different if I had been in my 20's /30's.

Last edited:
One of them is tiny as well. They've sacrificed the fourth to make the upstairs bathroom which seems sensible but the only shower is downstairs which seems to defeat the point for me.
Aye. 2.5 beds really.

Just been to view one with a smaller one than that. 1930's house mind. When they built it they must have thought all babies would die by the time they're big enough for a bed.

I thought that had been sold. No passing trade so it always seems to struggle.
When I was a kid the lion and the potters were the soul of the village,the lion when it originally came onto the market was for over £200k now I still know people in the village and they are saying offers of £150k as its been on the market for so long and it needs work doing to make it habitable/liveable as a home.

exactly this. Bought our current house detached big garden 12 yrs ago. Difference from living in a semi was amazing..no keeping quiet etc. When things went well we looked at these huge houses at Wynard and Durham and even considered buying land and buidling. However kids are happy with their mates, close to the school and all my memories are here of the kids growing up. Why move to a mansion just cos you can afford it. Like another poster said....keep the money in the bank and enjoy it.
Might of been different if I had been in my 20's /30's.
I'm in a similar situation, although still in 30's :), the equity and income is there to buy a bigger house in a different 'better' area, but we have a 4 bed detached big garden going to add an orangery etc so why not stay put and maybe get a place abroad as well. I have a dream though..........of land and keeping loads of animals and I can't let it go. House and land is rare and hugely overpriced in the UK though so may look abroad in the future (next 10 years).

Over here as well?

In the U.K. “high end” properties are “dressed”.
Mostly they’ll be empty anyway but if not the dressers sometimes take all of the owners furniture out and replace it with new stuff that’ll help a place sell which the buyers can also purchase with the house. The cost of this new stuff is included in the purchase price of the house WITHOUT furniture anyway (undressed) of course if the buyer also wants the new stuff (dressed) then there’s a bigger price for that anarl.
If the buyer doesn’t want the new furniture (which they’ve unwittingly indirectly paid for anyway) then the stuff goes into storage to be used in the next dressed/undressed hose sale............waddya mean of course the price of this already paid for stuff will be included in the next dressed/undressed deal don’t be so bloody naive.

Back