Retirement - what age you going

Status
Not open for further replies.
You fish as well? Nice. Competition or pleasure.
Don’t get me started on the pension.
Got my records from glascow and it has me as 5 year 200 and odd days. But I got out on my 6 year point which is a 7-8 grand payment at retirement. But they don’t count your training so they trying to fiddle me out of it. British legion are fighting my case atm.

Not a day goes by where I think of being on my own on a remote river taking in the surroundings and then the rid tip wraps round as a Barbel kites off down the River.
Hardly done any this year and with time on my hands would be what I would do more of.

Everyone's situation is different, I've had a couple of periods where I've been off work & found it to be boring as owt, must be a bit like retiring, I'm now doing a job that I don't actually mind & it's a good laugh, it's also good to have a routine!

Not a day goes by where I think of being on my own on a remote river taking in the surroundings and then the rid tip wraps round as a Barbel kites off down the River.
Hardly done any this year and with time on my hands would be what I would do more of.
Same here mate I love all my fishing. Not done much game but river, pond, shore, boat, lure. I do it all. Love it mate.

Always intended 55 ish...but changes to public sector pension means reluctant to give up 5% for each year I retire before 60 :rolleyes:

Done a few calculations and maybe now 57 or 58 tops

Just basically forgetting about state pension :eek:

Just hope for redundancy after 55 mate. Your pension will be payable unreduced

58 now, could retire tomorrow but have another 6 months on a big project, then they want me permanent but I reckon 3 days a week for 2 or 3 years will be good. I've got a voluntary job which should pick up next year and may get me some nice local part time work, unpaid but part of the gentle move into retirement.

Or like most of the plans I've made in life, it will go tits up.

State pension age for me is 67 - so that’s another twenty years of graft.

But hopefully I can keep hold of my local government job and keep paying into my LGPS, another 13 years will done 35 years service by the time I’m 62. I won’t have a mortgage to consider so at that point I could start thinking about doing part time working, reduced hours or something.

Will never retire unless ill health forces me.
Even if it was working only two days a week.
My pensions are worth fuck all .
Don't care really, I really do live for today .

Crackin pension scheme that mate , most final salary schemes you would get 40/80 max not 40/60
I do realise how lucky I am to have such a scheme. Although from this year your pensionable salary can only increase a max of 1.5% regardless of actual salary increase.

How old is your uncle now like?

Do you mean you don't want to retire?
I guess so . If I'm still here loads of jobs about. Would probably get my speed boat licence and do part time work . Good fun and pay. Or I might drive taxis.
The black market for part time jobs here is huge

My uncle ? I'm not sure to be honest, one's about 80, one's maybe 77 and the other id guess at early 60's. Strange question.
Weren't you waiting on one of them to die for inherence for retirement, or am I confusing you with another poster?

I guess so . If I'm still here loads of jobs about. Would probably get my speed boat licence and do part time work . Good fun and pay. Or I might drive taxis.
The black market for part time jobs here is huge

Can't believe you wouldn't ever want to retire mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back