Retirement - what age you going

I'd retire tomorrow if I could. Sadly I have another 24 years before I can get my hands on some of my pension. 31 years to get it all at present.
Can't f***ing wait til I'm a man of leisure.

Weird, I was just thinking this morning I haven't seen the Michelin man in a while.

Maybe he's re-tyred.
:) He's called bibendum in his native France which means a small chubby person, I shouted it to Steve Bruce at a match once and a few people around us cheered.
Already there on the retirement question, 63. Love it.

don't police have to retire after 25 years service or summit and they have no say in matter, or have i been told bullshit ?

I reckon 60 to 62. I'm 56 in a few weeks time and if everything went tits up I could feasibly retire if I needed to. Took a new job a couple of years ago on the back of what they had planned for the coming 5 years so want to see that through at least. I have a good social circle based around work contacts too which is a bonus. Me and our lass would drive each other mental if we were together all of the time.

At 61 I'll have 40/60th's of my final salary pension (providing I'm still with same company and they havent managed to can the scheme), my youngest will be 21, so I'm aiming for that.

I'd take a penalty on my pension, but dont fancy working until 65, I'd like to go at 55, but thats all dependant on getting a good few years left at my current place and then being made redundant.

I reckon 60 to 62. I'm 56 in a few weeks time and if everything went tits up I could feasibly retire if I needed to. Took a new job a couple of years ago on the back of what they had planned for the coming 5 years so want to see that through at least. I have a good social circle based around work contacts too which is a bonus. Me and our lass would drive each other mental if we were together all of the time.
Bollocks Spitty - you must be at least 70 by now.

At 61 I'll have 40/60th's of my final salary pension
Two thirds?

44 now, nearly 25 years service and just commissioned so another 5 years to get the benefits in the pension pot. Mortgage paid in about 9 years, kids are 16 and 13 so in 9 years should be earning for themselves, so 55 is what I'm looking at but will do a couple of days of driving or something for a while probably.

Back