Retirement - what age you going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletch

Striker
what age do you think you will retire , and what age would you like to retire (being realistic as well), the two aren't always the same

I reckon I will go at 60 and I'll be gutted if still graftin at 65. would like to at 55 but know cant afford it although would be nice to drop down to a 4 day week then though for the last couple years, break myself in :lol:

Already done it.
Was on the sick for a while, and I knew I couldn't continue doing my job as my neck is fucked.
Agreed with my employer to end my employment with a redundancy payment, and officially started my private pension last year aged 57.

Dunno where I found time to go to work.:cool:

crackin age to bail out mate

Would like to retire at 60. Will have paid off the mortgage and no longer have dependant children by the time I'm 50, so I'll assess things from there.

what age you bail out @Teed

is that cos love job or cos of finances ?
I don’t think I’d enjoy doing nothing.

I’d work for an agency and just pick up a couple of shifts a week to keep some structure.

My current job (and the ladder I want to climb) would never have the option of a short week

What the hell do you blokes do for a ‘normal job?’
I make good money plus a good pension. I’ve got a 14 year military pension and I pay into my own.
Finance wise it shouldn’t be an issue, it’s more that I don’t want to do nothing. There’s only so much fishing you can do

Last edited:
:confused: Where the f***ing hell does this stupid idea come from??? when you retire you have all the time to do everything, it's f***ing great..:cool:
Exactly, I retire next year, when i am 65. Can't wait, I have so much lined up. Work is a pain in the arse, a necessary evil.

I don’t think I’d enjoy doing nothing.

I’d work for an agency and just pick up a couple of shifts a week to keep some structure.

My current job (and the ladder I want to climb) would never have the option of a short week

I make good money plus a good pension. I’ve got a 14 year military pension and I pay into my own.
Finance wise it shouldn’t be an issue, it’s more that I don’t want to do nothing. There’s only so much fishing you can do
You fish as well? Nice. Competition or pleasure.
Don’t get me started on the pension.
Got my records from glascow and it has me as 5 year 200 and odd days. But I got out on my 6 year point which is a 7-8 grand payment at retirement. But they don’t count your training so they trying to fiddle me out of it. British legion are fighting my case atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back