Resting heart rate

Vo2 sitting at 54 currently.

What is FTP?

Wasn't bragging on mine. People asked and I commented
Wasnt sure mate , presumed it was something to do with lactic threshold, looks like power output at that point sustained but as i say not sure, it was @Cee Jay who quoted it

My mates just been admitted to,hospital.167 for two days. 😱
Turns out he's got an infection and he nearly died.
That's where these smart watches are interesting at tracking it. A few years ago, when I was bed ridden with Covid, mine was up in the 90s when typically low 60s.

Now I'm fitter it's low to mid 50s. On a weekend when I drink it's low 60s. I guess both infection and drinking are making the heart work harder to get the badness out.

Wasnt sure mate , presumed it was something to do with lactic threshold, looks like power output at that point sustained but as i say not sure, it was @Cee Jay who quoted it
Functional threshold power…basically the power output on a bike you can maintain in an hour.

My point about Vo2 max is that if from a device( Garmin watch eg) the results are known to be widely inaccurate. The reading is just based on an algorithm using hr, age and pre set metrics.

Unless properly lab tested of course ( mask etc measuring oxygen intake during exertion)

Last edited:
Functional threshold power…basically the power output on a bike you can maintain in an hour.

My point about Vo2 max is that if from a device( Garmin watch eg) the results are known to be widely inaccurate. The reading is just based on an algorithm using hr, age and pre set metrics.

Unless properly lab tested of course ( mask etc measuring oxygen intake during exertion)
Ah, I don't have a bike
There’s a lot of people on here northern Mo Farrars or just outright lying 🤣🤣
Lying about their heart rate? Question is why, it's not oneupmanship

Last edited:
No I am on blood thinners and statins already so there is not much else they can do about it.
But medics are fully aware of your situation to monitor treatment. I should have known from your earlier post about being in hospital for 12 days. They'll have a personal plan of maintenance for you. It must be a concern living your life like that.

But medics are fully aware of your situation to monitor treatment. I should have known from your earlier post about being in hospital for 12 days. They'll have a personal plan of maintenance for you. It must be a concern living your life like that.
I wasn't in hospital the monitor allowed me freedom of movement, a year earlier Darlo hospital tried a 24hr monitor which showed nowt. The cardio professor has signed me off his care unless I have another episode of Afib.

Back