Resting heart rate

Going for my ECG results on Thursday, which may explain why mine is 71. I thought I was average til
I came on here.
You are. I measures pulses multiple times every day at work and the majority are 60-80 it's unusual to see pulses in the 50s and very rare in the 40s. Mind I don't see folk who are healthy and exercise very often. I think the thread has brought out the competitive side in the group who are fit and exercise regularly 😂

Hope that's while exercising :lol:
Mega wank
You are. I measures pulses multiple times every day at work and the majority are 60-80 it's unusual to see pulses in the 50s and very rare in the 40s. Mind I don't see folk who are healthy and exercise very often. I think the thread has brought out the competitive side in the group who are fit and exercise regularly 😂
Most will be just going off what they’re smart watch is telling them (me included) but they can be pretty inaccurate

Last edited:
Mega wank

Most will be just going off what they’re smart watch is telling them (me included) but they can be pretty inaccurate

Mines off the garmin. When the gp checked it was 1bpm out both times. Accurate enough really.

Would rather mine was higher. After reading this thread I’m going to get it checked out again

It's when it's a low heart rate and you get light headed alot or a bit dizzy then it's time to see a doc for underlying problems

48 average (from Apple watch), and for a number of reasons I'm less fit than I have been for ages at the mo. I don't normally wear my watch at night but forgot to take it off the other night and it gave me an alert it dropped to 39 a couple of times. Maybe it's just the Lisinopril. I used to be mid-high fifties back when I was riding bikes a lot.

Mine is low 40s. 6’2 and 14 stone so I am on the heavy side for my height but I run a fair bit.

When I was getting the snip about 5 years ago the Dr (Dr Contractor for fellow snippers) was looking at me funny and saying was I feeling ok? I said yeah fine why? He said my HR was 40 and it was passing out range for most people. I just said I am very calm no issues, said he had never seen that during a snip op. Our lass was gutted it didn’t put me through more distress.

Mine is low 40s. 6’2 and 14 stone so I am on the heavy side for my height but I run a fair bit.

When I was getting the snip about 5 years ago the Dr (Dr Contractor for fellow snippers) was looking at me funny and saying was I feeling ok? I said yeah fine why? He said my HR was 40 and it was passing out range for most people. I just said I am very calm no issues, said he had never seen that during a snip op. Our lass was gutted it didn’t put me through more distress.
14 stone isn't heavy for 6 foot 2 man.
I've also been to see Dr Contractor in my time.

Mine immediately doubles the minute it knows it's being measured. I can't decide if it's anxiety or some unexplored branch of quantum physics.
My BP does that too. On first reading at home it’s about 145/95. Do three consecutive checks and it’s down to about 124/80. In hospital or GO surgery it’s even worse, 160 or more over 100.
Proper white coat syndrome.

48 average (from Apple watch), and for a number of reasons I'm less fit than I have been for ages at the mo. I don't normally wear my watch at night but forgot to take it off the other night and it gave me an alert it dropped to 39 a couple of times. Maybe it's just the Lisinopril. I used to be mid-high fifties back when I was riding bikes a lot.
I would just get it checked out for your own piece of mind, I was constantly low 50s but used to exercise quite alot but when started to get light headed regular I pushed docs to do checks.

I'm also 6' 2" was 13' 12" weight and when I was in theatre awaiting my turn for broken bone repair surgery the clinical staff doing my pre-op obs couldn't believe my bp/heart rate or how calm and chatty I was. I had to convince them I was ok for the op because I was so relieved to get it done. I was worse when the wound stitches/clips were removed.

My surgeon was mr. senior canny consultant who would sit with me on the ward over a cup of tea. Top reassuring bloke.
Proper white coat syndrome.
White coat syndrome has a massive bp effect on some.

Last edited:

Back