Reports of a vehicle hitting pedestrians on Seven Sisters Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some giant hypocrisy from the right wingnuts - imagine the meltdowns if a discussion of a jihadist attack had people saying the desire for revenge by the attackers is understandable and then pages and pages about how the victims of the attack are the problem
Works both ways though CM. Plenty of people who have said that "we" bring the attacks on ourselves by bombing "their" countries, cannot get their heads round one of "us" wanting revenge for "our" country being bombed.

Rather than just accepting that there is no justification for either

I've already said earlier that I was introduced to my missus through a mutual muslim friend.

Apart from her, I've mixed with Muslims of different degrees of religiousness in education and work. None have been exactly the same.
Sounds like a fantasy.

Why so quick to lump all muslims in together then?

Works both ways though CM. Plenty of people who have said that "we" bring the attacks on ourselves by bombing "their" countries, cannot get their heads round one of "us" wanting revenge for "our" country being bombed.

Rather than just accepting that there is no justification for either

The level is entirely different. It's a tiny tiny minority who say anything like that about Islamist terror attacks and they are pilloried on all sides. On the other hand, in this case the right wing press is at pains to call him a lone wolf rather than a terrorist, Tommy Robinson is invited on to national television to argue that all of Islam subscribes to violence against white people with the heavy inference that the Finsbury Park van attack could be construed as self-defence, and lots of comments on here about how they can understand why someone took matters into their own hands, and how Muslims aren't like us, aren't really our friends. It's simply not an equivalent response

The level is entirely different. It's a tiny tiny minority who say anything like that about Islamist terror attacks and they are pilloried on all sides. On the other hand, in this case the right wing press is at pains to call him a lone wolf rather than a terrorist, Tommy Robinson is invited on to national television to argue that all of Islam subscribes to violence against white people with the heavy inference that the Finsbury Park van attack could be construed as self-defence, and lots of comments on here about how they can understand why someone took matters into their own hands, and how Muslims aren't like us, aren't really our friends. It's simply not an equivalent response
There are loads of them on this board alone! And they rarely even get commented on. Diane Abbott's first reaction to the Manchester, Westminster and London Bridge attacks was to call them incidents, but to the Finsbury Park attack was to call it a terrorist attack.

Mainstream politicians and journalists will explain how terrorism is fuelled by bombing attacks in the Middle East. It's exactly the same - reprisals for attacks, where it's the innocent who get hurt.

Although when you saw the name 'Nazir Afzal', you immediately assumed that person couldn't be impartial when it came to child sex abuse.
No I didn't. I said it is possible he may not be impartial when he claimed it had nothing to do with religion.

But don't let the facts get in the way of having a pop at me.

No I didn't. I said it is possible he may not be impartial when he claimed it had nothing to do with religion.

But don't let the facts get in the way of having a pop at me.

No. You said: So a muslim/pakistani says "there's no religious basis for the abuse", forgive me if I don't think he's imparital.

So if you could stop claiming you don't lump all Muslims in together please. Ta.

No. You said: So a muslim/pakistani says "there's no religious basis for the abuse", forgive me if I don't think he's imparital.

So if you could stop claiming you don't lump all Muslims in together please. Ta.
And I can't be bothered trawling back through the thread to prove to him he's wrong again but there's more than one occasion he's described muslims as them/they and tarred them all with the same brush.

But he's open minded, of course.

There are loads of them on this board alone! And they rarely even get commented on. Diane Abbott's first reaction to the Manchester, Westminster and London Bridge attacks was to call them incidents, but to the Finsbury Park attack was to call it a terrorist attack.

Mainstream politicians and journalists will explain how terrorism is fuelled by bombing attacks in the Middle East. It's exactly the same - reprisals for attacks, where it's the innocent who get hurt.

We're going to have to agree to disagree, because I simply refuse to accept that the response is equivalent. The absolutely f***ing disgraceful comments and complete lack of compassion for the victims is worse and from a larger number of people. There are no calls for all people who support the EDL to be interned or worse, let alone widening the net to every possible linked demographic group. And in particular no one talked about the way the victims behave in their daily lives.

There is no comment that I've seen on this board like:

At the end of the day someone was always going to retaliate, eye for an eye and all that.

"I know plenty of people who frankly have had enough. I'm not saying it's right but take all the political correctness out of it and people are fed up with being attacked in their own countries by albeit a minority of a culture/religion.

Society has been too soft (molly coddled) on those who oppose the views and values of our culture in the fear of offending the do gooders"

Obviously there will be some things where they all think similar, so yes, I would "lump them together" on some things, and defending their religion is one of them. I don't think its unreasonable to think someone who practices a religion may not be imparitial on that subject.

Obviously there will be some things where they all think similar, so yes, I would "lump them together" on some things, and defending their religion is one of them. I don't think its unreasonable to think someone who practices a religion may not be imparitial on that subject.

You've gone further than that with that statement. You've said that a Muslim of Pakistani descent will by definition be so loyal to their religion that they will seek to protect co-religionists that are guilty of crimes and act as an obstruction to victims getting justice and the general rule of law and as such are not to be trusted.

You've gone further than that with that statement. You've said that a Muslim of Pakistani descent will by definition be so loyal to their religion that they will seek to protect co-religionists that are guilty of crimes and act as an obstruction to victims getting justice and the general rule of law and as such are not to be trusted.
He's said a lot of wrong that he will refuse to admit.

We're going to have to agree to disagree, because I simply refuse to accept that the response is equivalent. The absolutely f***ing disgraceful comments and complete lack of compassion for the victims is worse and from a larger number of people. There are no calls for all people who support the EDL to be interned or worse, let alone widening the net to every possible linked demographic group. And in particular no one talked about the way the victims behave in their daily lives.

There is no comment that I've seen on this board like:

At the end of the day someone was always going to retaliate, eye for an eye and all that.

"I know plenty of people who frankly have had enough. I'm not saying it's right but take all the political correctness out of it and people are fed up with being attacked in their own countries by albeit a minority of a culture/religion.

Society has been too soft (molly coddled) on those who oppose the views and values of our culture in the fear of offending the do gooders"
To be fair, I can't really disagree with your point about internment

No I didn't ffs.

The person in question prosecuted the gang, all I was responding to was his claim religion wasn't an aspect of the abuse.

He's said a lot of wrong that he will refuse to admit.
Like what?

No I didn't ffs.

The person in question prosecuted the gang, all I was responding to was his claim religion wasn't an aspect of the abuse.

Like what?
So you're claiming that you have never lumped all muslims in (as bad people because of their religion) and painted a picture of each one's beliefs even though people differ greatly? "If they truly follow islam" and all that shit? "They/them" "don't integrate with our community". That sort of shit?

Deny it and I will personally waste my time searching through this thread when I get home tonight and get on my laptop. People have already seen what you've been saying, there's only you denying it/claiming no knowledge.

So you're claiming that you have never lumped all muslims in (as bad people because of their religion) and painted a picture of each one's beliefs even though people differ greatly? "If they truly follow islam" and all that shit? "They/them" "don't integrate with our community". That sort of shit?

Deny it and I will personally waste my time searching through this thread when I get home tonight and get on my laptop. People have already seen what you've been saying, there's only you denying it/claiming no knowledge.
I'm denying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back