Reports of a vehicle hitting pedestrians on Seven Sisters Road

Do you know anyone who is "best friends" with a muslim, and I mean a full on practicing muslim, not one who just says he is but is out on the drink every weekend with his "best friend"?

I'm tee total so am never "out on the drink" with anyone. Growing up, my best friend was Muslim. When I wasn't sleeping over at his house he was sleeping over at mine. His parents were like my parents and vice versa. Our parents were very close and remain so today.

He moved to the States in '89 and I moved here (I was born here and moved abroad when I was a child). We met up in Toronto last Christmas and had a fantastic time. I got to meet his wife and children for the first time and now I consider them to be my family too. He is a "full in practicing" Muslim, I was raised a Catholic. So, I can say from personal experience that being best friends with a Muslim is not unheard of at all. I can add that another of our best friends was Hindu.

Maybe you are so closed to the idea of a non-Muslim being best friends with a Muslim because you were brought up with an "us vs. them" mentality? I don't mean that in a nasty way.

At the end of the day someone was always going to retaliate, eye for an eye and all that.

I know plenty of people who frankly have had enough. I'm not saying it's right but take all the political correctness out of it and people are fed up with being attacked in their own countries by albeit a minority of a culture/religion.

Society has been too soft (molly coddled) on those who oppose the views and values of our culture in the fear of offending the do gooders.

I'm struggling to remember the last time i heard of a terrorist attack in China where they outlaw religion.

You are justifying the actions of terrorists who justify their madness/are fed up with their countrymen being attacked in their own countries here. The irony!

Last edited:

I'm tee total so am never "out on the drink" with anyone. Growing up, my best friend was Muslim. When I wasn't sleeping over at his house he was sleeping over at mine. His parents were like my parents and vice versa. Our parents were very close and remain so today.

He moved to the States in '89 and I moved here (I was born here and moved abroad when I was a child). We met up in Toronto last Christmas and had a fantastic time. I got to meet his wife and children for the first time and now I consider them to be my family too. He is a "full in practicing" Muslim, I was raised a Catholic. So, I can say from personal experience that being best friends with a Muslim is not unheard of at all. I can add that another of our best friends was Hindu.

Maybe you are so closed to the idea of a non-Muslim being best friends with a Muslim because you were brought up with an "us vs. them" mentality? I don't mean that in a nasty way.
Read the rest of the thread, will you. I've said there are exceptions. Obviously if you grew up with someone, it's a bit different to meeting someone as an adult if you have little in common with them.

Read the rest of the thread, will you. I've said there are exceptions. Obviously if you grew up with someone, it's a bit different to meeting someone as an adult if you have little in common with them.

I answered your point by describing my personal experiences. You say growing up with someone is a bit different but I ask you this - would you allow your child to be best friends with a "full on practicing Muslim " (as you describe them)?

I answered your point by describing my personal experiences. You say growing up with someone is a bit different but I ask you this - would you allow your child to be best friends with a "full on practicing Muslim " (as you describe them)?

I take people as I find them, and kids are usually not too bothered about the whole religion thing.

If they started to get all religious with my child, then no, I wouldn't allow it.

If they just played then I wouldn't have a problem.

I take people as I find them, and kids are usually not too bothered about the whole religion thing.

If they started to get all religious with my child, then no, I wouldn't allow it.

If they just played then I wouldn't have a problem.

I'm very thankful my parents were so open minded. I would have lost out on a lifelong friend if they weren't.

At the end of the day someone was always going to retaliate, eye for an eye and all that.

I know plenty of people who frankly have had enough. I'm not saying it's right but take all the political correctness out of it and people are fed up with being attacked in their own countries by albeit a minority of a culture/religion.

Society has been too soft (molly coddled) on those who oppose the views and values of our culture in the fear of offending the do gooders.

I'm struggling to remember the last time i heard of a terrorist attack in China where they outlaw religion.
It isn't right at all but was certainly predictible given what's happened. Apparently the West are to blame for it all though according to some on here. When the inevitable revenge attack comes I guarantee those on here claiming hate doesn't solve hate will make a case for why it's happened though.

Gone into hiding? I don't spend all of my time on here ffs, even though my family think I do.

I think you have misunderstood my point. A practicing muslim and your average "white British" person won't have much in common, as one will spend most of his spare time praying and the other will be at the pub.

I suppose cricket could be a joint interest like.
Bollocks. Their lives aren't consumed by prayers and my life isn't consumed by the pub. Have you heard of things like drinking, playing sports, seeing movies, eating food etc... Plenty of things you can do with your muslim friends that don't require any/much compromise.

Gone into hiding? I don't spend all of my time on here ffs, even though my family think I do.

I think you have misunderstood my point. A practicing muslim and your average "white British" person won't have much in common, as one will spend most of his spare time praying and the other will be at the pub.

I suppose cricket could be a joint interest like.
Cricket is shit and only for muslims

I met my muslim friends as an adult. Didn't really see many muslim people as a kid.

Last edited:
How did you meet them?
The two I was talking about? Through work. I've met and still keep in touch with (not on the same level as the 2 i mentioned) a number of muslims at college, university, through friends, through travelling also.

The two I was talking about? Through work. I've met and still keep in touch with (not on the same level as the 2 i mentioned) a number of muslims at college, university, through friends, through travelling also.
Well, if you have things in common then it's easier to meet people.

My point was, in a lot of cases, muslims will not have much in common with non muslims, but I appreciate this isn't always the case.

Well, if you have things in common then it's easier to meet people.

My point was, in a lot of cases, muslims will not have much in common with non muslims, but I appreciate this isn't always the case.
I think you've not really had the opportunity to mix with muslims and therefore you have a closed view on them. Not the worst on the board, but still there is still some bias in you.

I think you've not really had the opportunity to mix with muslims and therefore you have a closed view on them. Not the worst on the board, but still there is still some bias in you.
I've already said earlier that I was introduced to my missus through a mutual muslim friend.

Apart from her, I've mixed with Muslims of different degrees of religiousness in education and work. None have been exactly the same.

Back