Remaining friendlies

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were supposed to be playing St Mirren as part of the deal agreed when their keeper left to be a coach with us. We were unable to agree a date though (probably because the scottish league cup starts so early).

& they've already started with the bet Fred league cup

Tell me which clubs have only 5 friendlies?

Newcastle for starters

Man City only play 4 friendlies

Man Utd play 5

Spurs play 5

Due to Europe, Wolves only have 3. 5 if you could the two Europe games as preparation games

Portsmouth only have 3

The only one I’ve googled off the top of my head with more was Liverpool with 7, but a couple of them were against low league teams so I think they clump together their “development team ones” and normal friendlies, I only counted 5 proper first team games

Last edited:
I'm surprised by how few we've arranged, even more so because we came back 10 days later than most teams. I would like to say Ross knows what he's doing and we just have to trust him but I don't believe that. There must be closed door games we aren't aware of her.

We finished later than most teams though. We weren't "off" that long in reality.

We weren't the fittest team last season so pre-season games in 40 degrees against quick Portuguese young'uns is the ideal fitness crash course. Looks like we might also have a fully fit squad to start the season so I think the preparation has gone well. Some of the lads have really taken the opportunity like Embleton, Benji, Burge & McGeough to show what they can do.

We played 5 pre-season last year and werent undercooked. We are playing exactly the same this year - this comes directly from Ross - why doubt him and why will the same amount of games this year will not suffice?
I heard on the radio that Oxford had played 7 or 8 friendlies (cant remember which). Don't think the team that started yesterday had played together for even a single minute of pre season? I see your point as well as others but perhaps understandable Oxford were more a cohesive unit?

I heard on the radio that Oxford had played 7 or 8 friendlies (cant remember which). Don't think the team that started yesterday had played together for even a single minute of pre season? I see your point as well as others but perhaps understandable Oxford were more a cohesive unit?
We looked as cohesive yesterday as we did at the end of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back