Remaining friendlies

Only 2 more games left until the start of the new season.

I've said all along we hadn't arranged enough preseason games. I think we are going to be seriously under cooked come the first game of the season.

Are we going to be ready?

Is 2 games enough to be the fully fit, integrate the players and develop a new system?
For me no, even if we arrange 1-2 more against local teams like Gateshead, Spennmoor, etc.

I've said all along we hadn't arranged enough preseason games. I think we are going to be seriously under cooked come the first game of the season.

Is 2 games enough to be the fully fit, integrate the players and develop a new system?
I thought they had a behind closed doors game as well. Ross said they will have the same as last year where thet weren't undercooked. Why do you ignore that to peddle this tired argument?

Didn’t we have a behind closed door game so that makes 3, so your question is null and void
Didn't we play a game behind closed doors... So you're asking if we did or not?

Pics, score, line ups or didn't happen ;)

I thought they had a behind closed doors game as well. Ross said they will have the same as last year where thet weren't undercooked. Why do you ignore that to peddle this tired argument?
With injuries and new signings a couple more would have been handy.

Last edited:

Soon be on 2 games a week man....only 33 wins needed....

Well the bulk of the team will be the ones that played in the playoff final so expect much the same ! Probably a little better in defence but immense pressure put on them because of the lack of pace in midfield and a totally isolated attack of Wyke Grigg and Gooch. A hard fought 1-1

Who did we play in this behind closed doors game? What was the standard of the opposition? How long was the game? Was it a full 90, or a 45min game? Who featured? What system did we play?

Please tell me more about this game.

Heh heh!

Who did we play in this behind closed doors game? What was the standard of the opposition? How long was the game? Was it a full 90, or a 45min game? Who featured? What system did we play?

Please tell me more about this game.
How would I know? Ross talked about it and he is satisfied that it will be 5 games - you have an agenda that doesnt fit this. Ross is saying he will have had 5 full games but you are suggesting he is lying. Why?

is 5 games in total enough? Yes, it appears to be about average

Is 2 games remaining enough to be fit, well when taken in as a total of 5, yes
Is it enough to bed in the team? How many games would be enough? We won't be finishing signing players probably right up until the close of the window like all other clubs, so do you want 5 pre season games organised each day before the window closes?

I don't really get your argument, preseason is almost never a case of being 100% ready by the first game.

Back