Remaining friendlies

Only 2 more games left until the start of the new season.

I've said all along we hadn't arranged enough preseason games. I think we are going to be seriously under cooked come the first game of the season.

Are we going to be ready?

Is 2 games enough to be the fully fit, integrate the players and develop a new system?
we are haing four pre season friendlies..same as most other years for the past decade. Where you have got 2 from?

I'm surprised by how few we've arranged, even more so because we came back 10 days later than most teams. I would like to say Ross knows what he's doing and we just have to trust him but I don't believe that. There must be closed door games we aren't aware of her.
what? we have the same number as last year...and this year the playwers should be fitter as they played for longer with the play offs..jack ross said they have come back quite fit.

Last edited:

I've said all along we hadn't arranged enough preseason games. I think we are going to be seriously under cooked come the first game of the season.

Is 2 games enough to be the fully fit, integrate the players and develop a new system?

Logon or register to see this image

Didn't grigg score in the behind closed door game

No, they said he couldn't hit a barn door iirc. (top scorer next season 28 goals).

Four games isn't enough , unless you are getting 90 mins under your belt in every match. They must be doing some behind closed doors stuff, even if just 11 v 11 of our lads.

Four games isn't enough , unless you are getting 90 mins under your belt in every match. They must be doing some behind closed doors stuff, even if just 11 v 11 of our lads.
why isnt it enough-cgiven how the late the season finished there conditoning shouldnt have dropped that much..and of course there are training games..

why isnt it enough-cgiven how the late the season finished there conditoning shouldnt have dropped that much..and of course there are training games..
Aye that’s why 90% of clubs play more than four. So far we’ve played 2 proper games and very few players have had 90 mins under their belt. It’s not good preparation, it’s just not. It’s pointless people blindly defending what they perceive as an attack on the owners without actually stopping to think about whether it’s a valid point. It isn’t enough.

Aye that’s why 90% of clubs play more than four. So far we’ve played 2 proper games and very few players have had 90 mins under their belt. It’s not good preparation, it’s just not. It’s pointless people blindly defending what they perceive as an attack on the owners without actually stopping to think about whether it’s a valid point. It isn’t enough.
I don't see it as an attack on the owners but I'm trusting that the medical/conditioning team know their job well enough to have the squad in the right place for the start of the season. We'll not know until the start of the season so I'm not going to worry about it now.

I don't see it as an attack on the owners but I'm trusting that the medical/conditioning team know their job well enough to have the squad in the right place for the start of the season. We'll not know until the start of the season so I'm not going to worry about it now.
On that note... Donald got rid of Mike clegg when he first took over and he’s ended up at united. Did we ever appoint anyone new in that role?

How would I know? Ross talked about it and he is satisfied that it will be 5 games - you have an agenda that doesnt fit this. Ross is saying he will have had 5 full games but you are suggesting he is lying. Why?
No I'm suggesting the at the end of pre season we will be under cooked.

No I'm suggesting the at the end of pre season we will be under cooked.
It’s ridiculous on here at the minute. Fair enough there are some daft, negative posters but you ask if us playing fewer friendlies than 90% of football clubs could hurt prep and you have an agenda

Last edited:
On that note... Donald got rid of Mike clegg when he first took over and he’s ended up at united. Did we ever appoint anyone new in that role?
No idea but someone is responsible for making sure the players are fit. I could worry about the players not being fit for the start of the season but if they are then that worry was all for nothing. So I'm not going to worry about it, I appreciate some people do

It;s not 2 games to be fully fit though is it? We've played 3 out of 5 so by next Saturday it''ll be 5 games to get fully fit etc

Back