Red Dead 2 - No Spoilers

I'm now debating whether to start again, or to just wander the map with John. Turns out there's a massive chunk in the south west that I'd never been too, I guess its supposed to be Texas?

Just killed a load of Lemoyne Raider wannabe Spaniards.
If you’ve not long finished it I’d recommend wandering for a bit before jumping back in from the start - plenty to do like finding the gangs gravestones, looking for the dinosaur bones and whatnot. Plus, it looks beautiful just riding round on your horse.

And yeah, I think it’s meant to mirror Arizona/New Mexico/Texas if I recall correctly.

If you’ve not long finished it I’d recommend wandering for a bit before jumping back in from the start - plenty to do like finding the gangs gravestones, looking for the dinosaur bones and whatnot. Plus, it looks beautiful just riding round on your horse.

And yeah, I think it’s meant to mirror Arizona/New Mexico/Texas if I recall correctly.
Does anything actually happen if I visit the gravestones?

I do plan to meet everyone who's still alive.

Can I find Dutch?

Does anything actually happen if I visit the gravestones?

I do plan to meet everyone who's still alive.
Visiting them is a trophy and goes toward 100% but nothing really happens, may go in as a journal entry but can’t rightly remember. But it’s good to go back round the map, remembering happier times for the gang etc.

If you bump into Pearson have a look around his surroundings for a nice little photo he had up.

And no, you don’t see D again after the face off scene but I think he is mentioned in one of the newspapers that you can buy around the towns.

It is a slog getting 100% as mentioned previously but there’s a nice, if not very brief, scene when you do.

The more and more I talk about it the more excited I’m getting to jump back in.

Visiting them is a trophy and goes toward 100% but nothing really happens, may go in as a journal entry but can’t rightly remember. But it’s good to go back round the map, remembering happier times for the gang etc.

If you bump into Pearson have a look around his surroundings for a nice little photo he had up.

And no, you don’t see D again after the face off scene but I think he is mentioned in one of the newspapers that you can buy around the towns.

It is a slog getting 100% as mentioned previously but there’s a nice, if not very brief, scene when you do.

The more and more I talk about it the more excited I’m getting to jump back in.
Just youtubed it, tbh - quite nice.
(I know I'm not going to 100% the game. Its not for me.)

Just youtubed it, tbh - quite nice.
(I know I'm not going to 100% the game. Its not for me.)
Do not hold that against you one bit, absolute slog going round looking for lizards and little birds and that. And I’m sure certain things can only be gotten in Guarma so if you missed them then they’re not doing it in this save.

Bought a new and much better and bigger tele so thought I would give this another visit.

This game is visually stunning and IMO is the perfect game to kill time just dicking about.
The story is a slog at times... I will never finish it, but I will probably go back every now and them just to clart about :lol: :lol:

Bought a new and much better and bigger tele so thought I would give this another visit.

This game is visually stunning and IMO is the perfect game to kill time just dicking about.
The story is a slog at times... I will never finish it, but I will probably go back every now and them just to clart about :lol: :lol:
I keep meaning to go back and finish it. Probably never will.

I'm usually the same like. Wish most games were smaller to be honest as I can't myself doing side quests and stuff then get bored before I'm even half way through the story.
I think Witcher 3 and Horizon are the only open world games I ever went back to for any meaningful amount of time but that was because of expansions. I now and again think of going back to Persona 5 which I never finished but it seems way too daunting. Give me 15 hours of Uncharted 4 and I'll do that every year or so.

No news as of yet but as I now have a PS5 and not fully completed the game I’m going to wait for an upgraded version. Hopefully they can add RTX, 4K or something. Maybe higher than 30 frames.

In terms of the story and characters it’s the best game I’ve ever played. Totally and utterly absorbing from first minute to last. I’ve done it twice but wouldn’t be averse to starting it for a third time given the complete lack of any decent games on the Xbox. Last game I bought was Halo before Xmas.

In terms of the story and characters it’s the best game I’ve ever played. Totally and utterly absorbing from first minute to last. I’ve done it twice but wouldn’t be averse to starting it for a third time given the complete lack of any decent games on the Xbox. Last game I bought was Halo before Xmas.
Elden ring.

A little way in my second go.
Trying to get the satchel bits before I do much else. Two to go. It's a bit of a faff on.

Bit I'm just not going to get money off Thomas downes, nor am I saving micah.
Not until there's nothing else to do.

Ah god, forgot once you get the panther you need from down by Rhodes, the "good" satchel becomes available, but you need a sodding cougar - I remember trying to go that challenge to bow and arrow 5 of them on that little road passage up north. Took days and I think that's when I started to get really bored of the game.
I'll still do it mind, but then I'll do something else for bit rather than grinding out collections.

Mind, I'm really enjoying it more in fullscreen 4k with the new PC - played in a window before, but DLSS means I can keep rock solid 60fps on my TV screen on really decent quality settings too - all with a 3060TI.

Back