Red Dead 2 - No Spoilers

Got to chapter 3 yesterday and this is where I'll chill out.

Did a couple of gambling challenges yesterday, bagged my panther for the saddle, fished for bluegill for predator bait, and I think I'll go hunting tonight to finish my bear outfit since I can tag dead eye properly.

ED: Did the Bison hunting with Charles, and noticed that the poacher he shoots has a keepable hat. Added that to the collection with my tricorn and confederate officers hat.

Got to chapter 3 yesterday and this is where I'll chill out.

Did a couple of gambling challenges yesterday, bagged my panther for the saddle, fished for bluegill for predator bait, and I think I'll go hunting tonight to finish my bear outfit since I can tag dead eye properly.

ED: Did the Bison hunting with Charles, and noticed that the poacher he shoots has a keepable hat. Added that to the collection with my tricorn and confederate officers hat.
Got all the legendary animals you can get until later on in the game now. Now I've done it, I don't really see the point - I still need to go get loads of other stuff if I want a full oufit. Nevermind ALL of them. And I wouldn't wear them anyway?

Same for the challenges, once you complete one, you get all the kit - why would I do the others?

And the fish? Is there much to gain from getting all the legendary fish?

Got all the legendary animals you can get until later on in the game now. Now I've done it, I don't really see the point - I still need to go get loads of other stuff if I want a full oufit. Nevermind ALL of them. And I wouldn't wear them anyway?

Same for the challenges, once you complete one, you get all the kit - why would I do the others?

And the fish? Is there much to gain from getting all the legendary fish?
The trinkets you make with the parts give you a boost.

I quite liked hunting for outfits just as a diversion, but then I enjoy hunting to begin with. I quite like a choice of outfits and swap them up a lot.

Only do the others if you are planning on 100%ing, I suppose - although each challenge gives a small reward. Hunting challenges finish with the hunt for the legendary Panther, which gives trinkets and more outfit options.

I never finished those myself - got all but one - the tosser pays per fish, and I quite liked fishing as a distraction too.

There really isn't any point in me playing this game. I go on with all intentions of making progress and I just end up dicking about for hours.
Thing is it's absolutely class messing around while the game is a bit tedious for me
This. Spent hours playing domino’s for a few dollars last night.
Our lass walked in, called me a sad **** :lol: :lol: I love it

Well, that's quite possibly the end for me. 2nd playthrough is complete, at least through to the main story. Not sure I want to do the epilogue again although I'll leave the option open.

Still really enjoyed it, but nowhere near as much. And still have absolutely no desire to do all the find, fetch and deliver missions, they're just way to tedious, especially the ones that rely on pure luck of something popping up in a certain space once a day.

Didn't have anywhere near as much emotion as the main storyline comes to its conclusion. I was gutted first time round, could barely sleep. Think I was more sad for my horse this time - I'd had him since Episode 1, went up north asap to pick up the whitey.

Its a strange thing when the main story ends: The game doesn't let you save for about an hour afterwards, it makes you play and play and play to move you along to the new story. Quite clever in a way, but annoying when you have other shit to be getting on with and need to save and turn it off :)

Anyway, a little break and I'll think about either playing the epilogue and also picking up some of the missions I didn't do on this playthrough (I know I missed the poisoned water one, and I left the last Hamish mission as I read you get a nice added bit if you wait). So there's still loads left but I've done it before...

Which leaves the other option. I've done a little reading, and there is a decent & working XBox emulator that will play RDR1 on my PC................... could be worth a shot.

Ok, grabbed the RDR1 Xbox 360 files and set up Xenia-Canary emulator. Just happen to have an original Xbox 360 controller too.
It boots and the game starts. Let's see how it goes

Started my second playthrough and im up to chapter 3 now. It truly is a stunning game, spending time in the big plantations is jaw dropping at times.

But I can see the deficiencies in gameplay that people talk about now. I think this is highlighted more if you focus on storyline.

The other day I dropped the main missions for a few hours, rode back up to Valentine, and spent 2 days in the hotel, bought clothes, gambled and drank before heading to Strawberry for a side mission. It was excellent. Just going where I wanted and having a break from camp was like a holiday. Same goes if you head into the mountains hunting, fishing or just exploring. When you slow the pace down is where this becomes a contender for best game ever

Back