Ready player one

Status
Not open for further replies.

if you liked the book you will like the movie, they do wander off the book quite a bit and they have mixed a few things around but it does make for an excellent film

I went to see it in 3D, I enjoyed it. I didn't even knar what it was gonna be about....I was laid on the couch on Friday and fancied a look out and the Mrs didn't fancy a day on the drink so we went to the pictures. She hated it.

I couldn’t see any issues with the gender politics of the film so I don’t know why they’ve brought that in to it.
There was a lot of exposition though. That was my main gripe with it.

The crap that has been mentioned in articles about this movie is unreal! Check this corker out:

'Ready Player One Glorifies The White Fanboy As If Women Don't Even Exist'
FreezePage: -Ready Player One

Last edited:
The crap that has been mentioned in articles about this movie is unreal! Check this corker out:

'Ready Player One Glorifies The White Fanboy As If Women Don't Even Exist'
FreezePage: -Ready Player One
Fuck them. What a miserable existence. There’s plenty of issues out there, even along the lines of what that piece is getting at, but they weren’t in this film so what’s the point of looking for something that’s not there and then projecting it anyway once you fail to find it.

Fuck them. What a miserable existence. There’s plenty of issues out there, even along the lines of what that piece is getting at, but they weren’t in this film so what’s the point of looking for something that’s not there and then projecting it anyway once you fail to find it.

There's plenty of examples of these kinda hit pieces. They (imo) all boil down to what they perceive as being problematic, as opposed to actual reality. Taken from the Cracked website: What 'Ready Player One' Tells Us About Toxic Fandom

Took the bairn today. He didn’t want to do 3D so went to Vue in Gateshead to watch on the massive Vuextreme screen. Thought it was class (currently still halfway through the book) and well worth the fiver.

9/10

Class in 3d. 7.5/10 for me

Visually its excellent. Aesthetically pleasing shall we say. Story and premise is easy to sink into, jut thought it lost its momentum towards the end. Fantastic on the eye though. Very imaginative

Is it suitable for a 13 year old? He's a bit geeky and likes gaming; star wars/super hero films that sort of thing

Great film like visually stunning ..2 hrs 20 minutes or something flew over....took my 7 yr old and the chucky scene just got me big style:eek::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back