Ready player one

Really impressed. Didn’t know anything about it before hand so went in without any expectations.

Thing is if you read the book beforehand most folks were disappointed as there are some really great twists in the book that have been changed radically for the film and I mean major changes (I won’t post any spoilers just in case)

But looking past that it’s a really great film, the liscencing of certain brands was obviously a nightmare and changes were made some of the changes are puzzling tho which once you read the book you will think huh why? But I guess loads of movie execs wanted those changes coz they maybe didn’t ‘get’ the story

Still a great fillum tho

tbh Im not a big fan of 3d, always gives me a headache.
Saw it in 3D and did feel it was the best experience of a 3D fillum I had seen which I guess was the point felt like I was in the oasis

Last edited:
I saw it this week, really liked it just for the nostalgia. The 80's/90's really were great times.

This movie is a must for late 30 and 40 somethings.

Avatar was absolutely dire. Endless CGI with an incoherent plot and bad acting.

Dances With Blue Aliens.

I remember seeing an interview where Cameron said he'd written it before Aliens. I think he pulled it off the shelf, blew the dust off and didn't change a word of it to reflect the two decades that had passed, or that he'd pinched bits from it we've since seen done better in other films. Unobtanium? Fuck off man, not even minimum effort. Big exoskeleton fighting alien? Seen it.

The ride at Disney is better than the entire film.

Back