Ready player one

I didn’t even notice the soundtrack, there was so much going on.

Did anyone who didn’t game through the 80s&90s like it though?
I took my 11 year old nephew and he loved it, he's into Star Wars and video games now. He picked up quite a few references, Crysis, turtles, Chucky etc. It was a shame they couldn't use more Star Wars stuff some walkers in the big battle scene would have been great.

I thought it was a real shame they had to use the word “fuck”. Even worse it was only once in the whole film. I was thinking of taking the kids as the only other swearing is a few shits, but I won’t be now.
A bit shortsighted by Speilberg that, I thought. Spoiled a family film.

I thought it was a real shame they had to use the word “fuck”. Even worse it was only once in the whole film. I was thinking of taking the kids as the only other swearing is a few shits, but I won’t be now.

There seems to be a lot in there for a 12A.

Crude or Profane Language or Content
Ready Player One really doesn't ever stop with the profanity, and it's tiresome. Apesh*t is used once; a**: 29 times, a**hat: three times, a**hole: five times, b*lls: three times, b*****d: 12 times, b******t: seven times; b*tt: once, cr*p: 11 times; d**k: once, hell: 36 times; p*ssed: 11 times, pu**y: once; sc**w: five times, sh*t: 31 times, sh*t-heap: twice, sh*tstorm: once, nine variations of f**k. A rude alternate name is given to the company workers trying to solve the contest. Other mentions of shouted profanity are made. God and Christ are both used as expletives on more than one occasion. A reference is made to a laxative. Characters give others the finger more than once. A reference is made to wiping one's behind. Another is made to vomit, urine, and semen.

There seems to be a lot in there for a 12A.

Crude or Profane Language or Content
Ready Player One really doesn't ever stop with the profanity, and it's tiresome. Apesh*t is used once; a**: 29 times, a**hat: three times, a**hole: five times, b*lls: three times, b*****d: 12 times, b******t: seven times; b*tt: once, cr*p: 11 times; d**k: once, hell: 36 times; p*ssed: 11 times, pu**y: once; sc**w: five times, sh*t: 31 times, sh*t-heap: twice, sh*tstorm: once, nine variations of f**k. A rude alternate name is given to the company workers trying to solve the contest. Other mentions of shouted profanity are made. God and Christ are both used as expletives on more than one occasion. A reference is made to a laxative. Characters give others the finger more than once. A reference is made to wiping one's behind. Another is made to vomit, urine, and semen.
9 variations of fuck? Really?
I only heard “it’s f***ing chuckie”

I agree with that, it made me uncomfortable and it wasn't needed at all. I wasn't sure where the Shining scene was going to go but it wasn't too bad but my nephew did say he never wants to watch it.

always fancied watching it but I think i'd struggle to convince my wife that it's worth a watch. Haven't used the 3D on my TV for ages so would have to dig out the glasses.

The crap that has been mentioned in articles about this movie is unreal! Check this corker out:

'Ready Player One Glorifies The White Fanboy As If Women Don't Even Exist'
FreezePage: -Ready Player One
Whoever wrote or commissioned that article thought of Gamergate before even seeing the film.

Spielberg went out of his way to make the main characters diverse, look at The Goonies and ET ffs.

The only box they didn't tick was disabled.

Having a Professor Steven Hawking type cyborg baddie was was an opportunity missed

Just watched it in 3D. Absolutely stunning visually and actually a very good film too!

@Spot and the rest of the lads with LG OLED’s get it watched. Unreal!

I thought the 3d was decent, but a way behind the likes of ragnarok, oz the great and powerful, could have been pushed more

You heard the rumours that mission impossible 6 wont get a 3d blu ray ffs

Back