Rate Donald’s time as owner so far out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
6.5. He’s not the root of all evil that some make out but I am starting to lose faith in him (rapidly). The whole takeover saga, his choice of manager and the fact we’ve gone 18months without a scouting network have the alarm bells ringing.

Gone from a 7 for steadying the ship down to a 3, Very poor appointment and should have had a replacement lined up before sacking Ross , also think he been spinning a lot of stuff to the fans. Time will tell if this works out

oh aye . And his Mate his head of recruitment FFS

He's starting to show how out of his depth he is. He has done some lovely things for the fans and sick kids and so on but when the going gets tough he's beginning to appear wanting and when his ego is not being massaged he disappears.

2/10 for trying to be one of the lads
0/10 for appointing managers
0/10 for takeovers (sorry investment)
0/10 for deleting twitter every time he knows there’s a backlash coming
And I was a Donald fan!

I'm gonna say a 6. He's got rid of the high earners and brought some much needed financial stability to the club but at the same time getting rid of the high earners is only commendable if you've got the scouts to replace those players with players who have the potential. We don't appear to have a scouting network. He has to own that shit

6-7 still at the minute. If things go tits up with this new managerial appointment and the takeover really has fallen through then that will sharply drop to a 3-4.

9 to start with, said all the right things that fans wanted to hear, changed the seats (big issue on here), tried to appease the fans with Grigg, then it started to go downhill rapidly.

Ross should of been peddled after the Play Off Final, promising to get us 100 points, plenty of cash for players, then boom, the cracks have started to appear in a rapid way, the way he has handled the takeover/investment, granted he was probably under an NDA but the statement he released last Friday could of been said at the beginning of September to quash the gathering hysteria on social media, which tbf him and his cronies created, then back-pedaled and blamed the fans for getting excited.

Massively gone down hill and with today’s showcase announcement, think a lot of fans are ready to Chuck the towel in.

Down to a 1 for me now

I wholeheartedly cannot believe the short sightedness of people on this forum and the toxic atmosphere its creating. Given the absolute shit show that Donald inherited, and remember it was like an oil tanker sinking into a swamp, he's done a good job. I'd rate his work at 7. It would have been higher had he kept the investment talk private.

He brought the grassroots back to the club, invested in its pride. Shifted dead wood. Won court battles inherited from the past regime. There's been a lot to content with at SAFC.

I'm gutted fans can't see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back