Rate Donald’s time as owner so far out of 10

And I'm just baffled at this outrage about Parkinson. I'm not a fan of his and yes, it feels like a Grayson appointment. However, this is not Championship Manager. All of these posts about dream team pairings like bring 'Phillip's alongside so and so'. Jesus Christ. I was thinking maybe Julio Geordio alongside the experienced head of Bob Stokoe's ghost.

I wholeheartedly cannot believe the short sightedness of people on this forum and the toxic atmosphere its creating. Given the absolute shit show that Donald inherited, and remember it was like an oil tanker sinking into a swamp, he's done a good job. I'd rate his work at 7. It would have been higher had he kept the investment talk private.

He brought the grassroots back to the club, invested in its pride. Shifted dead wood. Won court battles inherited from the past regime. There's been a lot to content with at SAFC.

I'm gutted fans can't see that.
The football does the talking at the end of the day

3 - honestly his biggest achievement was stabilising finances which tbf Short did most of for him. His early podcasts were interesting but probably not helpful as he broadcast to the world a lot of disputes etc he'd have been better sorting out behind the scenes. I think the plan was come in, get promoted and leave having made a quick buck, now reality is setting in and I'm not sure he's up to it....

0 after this appointment. The lowest point in the clubs history presided over by a spiv chairman.

Haway then. I think we've been here before. SAFC would build there very own managerial graveyard given both the supposed world class as well as rookie managers we've had at the club.

I'm particularly enjoying the 'we need someone with experience' posts who then go on to say they want Keane back. Obviously forgetting he had zero experience when he first joined us.

I'm just struggling to navigate around this internal toxicity and willingness to make the same mistakes.

I hate to agree with Marco Gabbiadini but people thinking we'd get a top manager who, at this point in time (like it or not) means people like Pearson and Hughton, need to give their heads a shake.

Haway then. I think we've been here before. SAFC would build there very own managerial graveyard given both the supposed world class as well as rookie managers we've had at the club.

I'm particularly enjoying the 'we need someone with experience' posts who then go on to say they want Keane back. Obviously forgetting he had zero experience when he first joined us.

I'm just struggling to navigate around this internal toxicity and willingness to make the same mistakes.

I hate to agree with Marco Gabbiadini but people thinking we'd get a top manager who, at this point in time (like it or not) means people like Pearson and Hughton, need to give their heads a shake.
Pearson wanted it by all accounts. Just wanted a professional setup around him which SD didn’t want, obviously, or he would be here. SD couldn’t take the chance that someone like Pearson would have got us promoted.

Pearson wanted it by all accounts. Just wanted a professional setup around him which SD didn’t want, obviously, or he would be here. SD couldn’t take the chance that someone like Pearson would have got us promoted.
And you have proof of this? I would imagine the account you are talking about is a RTG post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure Pearson would have been the answer, like. He'd be slightly above Parkinson for me but not by much. Stendel would have been best for the fans, surely? Attacking football, don't we all want that?

Nice one.
Not sure Peaeson would have been the answer, like. He'd be slightly above Parkinson for me but not by much. Stendel would have been best for the fans, surely? Attacking football, don't we all want that?
Love to see it but in the mean time, dirty long ball tactics will do for me as long as it gets us promotion.

Back