Rat in the garden this morning.

Mind they're becoming a lot braver and more common during day light. Council aren't baiting sewers because of cuts.
not the council mate. if its drains and sewers It's Northumbrian Water and they are still baiting. I know this because i had to do the processes and software to track it in their new system a couple.of years ago. If you've a rodent problem in sewers get them telt

not the council mate. if its drains and sewers It's Northumbrian Water and they are still baiting. I know this because i had to do the processes and software to track it in their new system a couple.of years ago. If you've a rodent problem in sewers get them telt
I got told by a council rat catcher that Northumbria water weren't responsible for it anymore and it had been handed back to the council.

Hods of rats about now. Even in clean places. Never saw them 10+ years ago.

Have these tory c•••s to thank for stripping every penny off local authorities. Same reason city and town centres are infested with weeds

We’ve got a stream about 20 yards from our back fence , feeding the birds has caused the rat to come in looking for food.

Can’t really blame the council or the Government in this case.

I live close to the , in translation, the Valley of the Vultures. The population has been decimated over the last 15 years due its thought through rat poisons.
Years ago, too many to think about sadly, I visited the parsee tower of silence in karachi, bodies used to be placed on top and the Vultures would have their dinner, I heard recently the practice has been stopped as vulture numbers have plummeted due to eating cow cadavers treated with diclofenac

Noticed a big rat underneath the bird feeder this morning, went out and took the bird food off it.

Put some rat poison down.

Just seen it being chased and caught by a stray cat , quite impressive stalking tbh.

Cat 1 Rat 0
Why put rat poison down? it’s not just rats you are gonna kill man.

Hods of rats about now. Even in clean places. Never saw them 10+ years ago.

Have these tory c•••s to thank for stripping every penny off local authorities. Same reason city and town centres are infested with weeds
There's got to be some reason for the increase in the number of rats. Years ago you very rarely saw them, now they are everywhere. Talking about weeds in city centres, nowhere beats Berlin. The streets have miles of foot-high weeds. I also saw a rat there as well, evil bastards.

cuts to local authority budgets. Simple as that.
Not quite that simple. Ecological balance plays a part, overuse of poison and rats becoming immune, poorer standards of garden maintenance/hygiene and probably biggest of all an absolute explosion of takeaways.

Not quite that simple. Ecological balance plays a part, overuse of poison and rats becoming immune, poorer standards of garden maintenance/hygiene and probably biggest of all an absolute explosion of takeaways.
They will play their part, thousands of rotten kebab shops are being used as a front to clean money or traffic humans. But local authorities being awfully underfunded which means stuff like pest control goes the distance is a massive factor.

My pal had rats in their garden, ranf Gateshead MBC “oh we dont have rat catchers or pest control anymore” :lol: F••• the tories

Last edited:
They will play their part, thousands of rotten kebab shops are being used as a front to clean money or traffic humans. But local authorities being awfully underfunded which means stuff like pest control goes the distance is a massive factor.

My pal had rats in their garden, ranf Gateshead MBC “oh we dont have rat catchers or pest control anymore” :lol: F••• the tories
Bizarrely no statutory duty to have them despite the fact it probably saves money overall with environmental health outcomes and the fact they can charge.

Caught two live rats recently (four in all) in my cages. Now we've got mice ffs, caught one yesterday in a mouse trap. It never stood a chance, those mousetraps are deadly...literally.

Caught two live rats recently (four in all) in my cages. Now we've got mice ffs, caught one yesterday in a mouse trap. It never stood a chance, those mousetraps are deadly...literally.

They’re not designed to tickle them to be fair.

The rat situation seems to come to a head again, coming from a drain pipe from next door and coming under our fence directly from the pipe.

Pipe has been sealed properly so shouldn’t need the stray cat again .

Mice often move out when rats move in so at least the rats have probably gone for now!

They’re not designed to tickle them to be fair.

The rat situation seems to come to a head again, coming from a drain pipe from next door and coming under our fence directly from the pipe.

Pipe has been sealed properly so shouldn’t need the stray cat again .
Stick a rat cage loaded with titbits at the end of the drain pipe, it might just do the trick. Catching a live rat is like the holy grain of vermin control. Mice are only 5 out of 10.

Back