Racism at Yorkshire CCC

Go, but bring a "Black/Asian Lives Matter" banner or saink? What I'd do
For the first time ever I won’t be wearing “colours” to coin a football term. No YCCC cap, shirt coat etc.

Need to start an East Yorkshire CCC and break away from the West Riding nobheads!

Last edited:

Racism issue hasn't died as Yorkshire hoped it might. According to today's Mail. ECB disputes commisssion wil bring formal charges against Yorkshire over their handling of the Rafiq complaints. There is also great frustration at ECB at what they reqard as Yorkshire 's "obsfucation and delaying tactics" in publishing the full report. ECB lawyers are challenging Yorkshires reasons for not sharing the report.

Throw the book at them. There will be no tears shed from me. Wasn't planning on attending next season at the very least anyway. Maybe a season of dead rubbers thanks to points deductions will persuade others not to attend either, even if not for the same reason as me

There won't be any points deductions. That only happens to clubs like Durham.
I do think financial penalties would be more effective in persuading the top brass to do something, but who knows. Anyway I'm washing my hands of the place until the truth comes out and action is taken. Might do a few aways and head to a few neutral games for my fix but I won't darken Headingley's doors again

Last edited:
I’m very much hoping enough happens over the winter to persuade me back, but not holding my breath, the way it’s been dealt with so far
They have to reveal in detail themselves exactly what has happened, who is involved. Those involved, however loosely, need to go and apologies need to be made. If it all leaks out from other sources that’s it. I’m done for a while

Last edited:
I’m very much hoping enough happens over the winter to persuade me back, but not holding my breath, the way it’s been dealt with so far
They have to reveal in detail themselves exactly what has happened, who is involved. Those involved, however loosely, need to go and apologies need to be made. If it all leaks out from other sources that’s it. I’m done for a while
I know I lick ya hoop a little bit on here mate, but I've genuinely got "nowt" but respect for you, especially on this. 👍🏻

I know I lick ya hoop a little bit on here mate, but I've genuinely got "nowt" but respect for you, especially on this. 👍🏻
It’s become an easy decision I’m afraid mate. I went to the morning of the first day of the last home game of the season, with Yorkshire fighting for the title at the time against the would be champions. But I couldn’t get into it and left at lunch

I think it's a bit more serious than deducting points.
As @Silly Point states I'm not sure docking points is the most effective punishment for creating change. Personally I wouldn't mind a combination of ECB fining the club (to hit those at the top and their bonuses etc.) and perhaps putting the club into special measures, and appointing someone as interim chairman to oversee change in the culture/ structure of the county?

I'm not against docking points if that's what we need, but I would hate for it to create some kind of horrible siege mentality and be "temporary punishment" (e.g. all forgotten in a season or two with little change in the structure of the club)

Back