Racism at Yorkshire CCC

f***ing disgraceful. I know a lot of the club’s membership probably couldn’t care less but do the club have no thought for those of us that do and are utterly dismayed by this whole situation, not to mention the wider sporting world and of course Rafiq himself

Think about how this has been addressed, and you have your answer
Yorkshire have had many non-British players over the years is what I mean. If the club was institutionally racist you'd think some of them would have spoken out in support of Rafiq.
I'm not suggesting Rafiq is making it up btw.

If it's as bad as he's suggesting, I'm surprised other non-white British players from the past have not said something .
Give your head a shake.

He's not just "suggesting", he's had these claims upheld by an independent investigation.

Denying his experience in the circumstances is as bad as being one of the racists.

A hand full of ex players and a community outreach officer have come out and corroborated what he said, but given the amount of grief Rafeeq has been through over this, would you want to stick your head above the parapet?
Tino Best did last year on Twitter. May have done so more recently as well
And Rana Naved. Provided evidence to the enquiry iirc.

I think there's also a sense this process isn't finished. We may hear from more individuals when they feel safer to do so.

Last edited:
Give your head a shake.

He's not just "suggesting", he's had these claims upheld by an independent investigation.

Denying his experience in the circumstances is as bad as being one of the racists.

A hand full of ex players and a community outreach officer have come out and corroborated what he said, but given the amount of grief Rafeeq has been through over this, would you want to stick your head above the parapet?

And Rana Naved. Provided evidence to the enquiry iirc.

I think there's also a sense this process isn't finished. We may hear from more individuals when they feel safer to do so.
:rolleyes: I'm not denying anything. Can you read? Talk about being precious....
Interesting to see if the great Sachin Tendulkar comes out with anything. I remember seeing him play at Harrogate aged about 19/20.

Last edited:
Of course you are. You're insinuating it's exaggerated based on a non-sequitur.
I don't know enough about the circs to confirm or deny. Normally in these situations you get other high profile names coming out too though.
Look at those dodgy perverted youth coaches in football for example...1 or 2 players made accusations and many others followed.

I don't know enough about the circs to confirm or deny. Normally in these situations you get other high profile names coming out too though.
Look at those dodgy perverted youth coaches in football for example...1 or 2 players made accusations and many others followed.
Mate, please shut up - you're coming across very badly on this one. It's pretty clear Yorkshire are a mess, even what has been released so far states that many individuals came forward to give evidence as part of the investigation.

Mate, please shut up - you're coming across very badly on this one. It's pretty clear Yorkshire are a mess, even what has been released so far states that many individuals came forward to give evidence as part of the investigation.
How am I coming across badly? I disagree as I'm making valid points. I don't disagree that Yorkshire haven't done themselves any favours though (triple negative there?!).

Back