RAWA Questions For The Club/Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

the oung playersare leaving becaue we are in league one and they were offered premier league..safc cant keep u16 players..
U23 side probably harmed by players being in first team sqaud weakening them..
we werent told wages were not a problem..we were told we didnt have to lose them but wages were a problem as they are right up against the rules imposed by the league..

catts got so much stick onhere last year for being shit i thought our fans would tahnk the onwrs for getting rid of him..

losing those high earners wasnt free you know..

Yeh the abuse he took was ridiculous. So why didn't we get transfer fees for players who left ? Im fairly sure SD said on the podcast that we could facilitate the wage bill and didn't need to sell. He constantly said we are in cracking shape and the best run club. That doesn't sound like we had to get rid. It just seemed like he disappeared off twitter straight after Catts left because the departure was contradictory to the message sent out. I know as it prevailed Catts said he felt he owed it to himself to play at a higher level again. People claimed he was just here for the money , but forget he turned down a signing on fee and better deal at Stoke under Poyet.

Yeh the abuse he took was ridiculous. So why didn't we get transfer fees for players who left ? Im fairly sure SD said on the podcast that we could facilitate the wage bill and didn't need to sell. He constantly said we are in cracking shape and the best run club. That doesn't sound like we had to get rid. It just seemed like he disappeared off twitter straight after Catts left because the departure was contradictory to the message sent out. I know as it prevailed Catts said he felt he owed it to himself to play at a higher level again. People claimed he was just here for the money , but forget he turned down a signing on fee and better deal at Stoke under Poyet.
who would pay a transfer fee unless the players took wage cuts? have you seen which club signed catts? they couldnt afford a fee? and they couldnt afford his wages unless we bunged him money to leave..and catts isnt playing at a higehr level..

clubs nung players money to leave all the time..it diesnt make them well or badly run..
we could tolerate the wage bill.doesnt mean it was the best option..cattermole was on a vast wage..his replacekment in midfield has sell on value and a betetr injury record and probaly earns an eight of what catts did..a well run club signs the replacement and loses catts..whtehr they can afford catts or not..

who would pay a transfer fee unless the players took wage cuts? have you seen which club signed catts? they couldnt afford a fee? and they couldnt afford his wages unless we bunged him money to leave..and catts isnt playing at a higehr level..

clubs nung players money to leave all the time..it diesnt make them well or badly run..
we could tolerate the wage bill.doesnt mean it was the best option..cattermole was on a vast wage..his replacekment in midfield has sell on value and a betetr injury record and probaly earns an eight of what catts did..a well run club signs the replacement and loses catts..whtehr they can afford catts or not..
Who the fuck is catts replacement ,my god if you rolled the f***ing lot up it wouldnt make one catts.

As things stand today, is the club fully self sufficient? Is any potential investment an added bonus rather than a requirement?

How are you actually going to run the club next season when we are still in league one, you haven't secured investment and only getting gates of around 15000 which will happen if we don't get promoted so you wont be generating enough revenue to keep the club going, oh and are you out of your depth

They'll bottle it and hoy Chris Waters up instead.

To be fair to Methven, he’s turned up at every one so far, and not shirked any questions.
I’d like to think Donald will come to this one, alas, I’ll not be holding my breath.
I think more than ever, it would be a good time to face some of our fans queries in an official minuted meeting, rather than the PR exercises on podcasts.

Lots of questions (rightly so) about the club’s present state, but I’d like to know what are they going to do with the shambles that is the concourse. The kiosks are utterly pathetic and the matchday experience is poor
To be fair to Methven, he’s turned up at every one so far, and not shirked any questions.
I’d like to think Donald will come to this one, alas, I’ll not be holding my breath.
I think more than ever, it would be a good time to face some of our fans queries in an official minuted meeting, rather than the PR exercises on podcasts.

Mate, could you ask about the Coventry farce from last year. I was one of those that sent info to the RAWA and we have heard nothing

Last edited:
Lots of questions (rightly so) about the club’s present state, but I’d like to know what are they going to do with the shambles that is the concourse. The kiosks are utterly pathetic and the matchday experience is poor

Mate, could you ask about the Coventry farce from last year. I was one of those that sent info to the RAWA and we have heard nothing

Will do mate. Everything seems to have dropped off a cliff this season regarding information back from queries put to the club, so hopefully this will get things back on track.

Red & White Army
@RedAndWhite2017

·5m
Whilst we await confirmation from
@SunderlandAFC
on the date of the next supporter engagement meeting we want to know what questions you have. As usual we will ask what fellow supporters want us to ask and you'll be able to read the responses via published minutes.

We’ve been pushing for a meeting for a while now, (preferably a one that Stewart Donald will be in attendance for), so please feel free to leave your questions/thoughts on this thread, in anticipation that the club finally confirm one soon.
I’m sure you all have one or two things on your mind?!!
SD said he knew when it would be the right time to leave our club so can he put us all out of misery and tell us its imminent

Some good points mate, but with all respect, the Eridivisie is without doubt a higher level than league one football

Did you think would be as about popular as Elis Short was at the end of his tenure, less than 2 seasons into yours?
How do you put up with all the shit from fans? Do you wish you hadn't bothered?

They do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back