Question for TV Tecchie types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep even cheaper in some places, HUKD had a deal for 1300 or something!
I nearly went for that one myself and had been watching its price closely for around 6 months. As soon as I saw SUHDR with 4K in the flesh there was no going back. The blacks are almost OLEDquality but the colours and brightness are streets ahead, even with up scaled content.

I nearly went for that one myself and had been watching its price closely for around 6 months. As soon as I saw SUHDR with 4K in the flesh there was no going back. The blacks are almost OLEDquality but the colours and brightness are streets ahead, even with up scaled content.

Does the edge lit panel not drive you crazy?

Has to be FALD for me, or OLED. But then there's a Premium to pay!

The ks8000 is gonna be a few hundred quid cheaper than the dx902, but do I want full array or can I live with the edge lit!?

Looks good but you out priced me :(

Atm £400 would be pushing it but I want something half decent lol
I have a 42" LCD going for cheap but it's down here in York. It's arnly HD though

Does the edge lit panel not drive you crazy?

Has to be FALD for me, or OLED. But then there's a Premium to pay!

The ks8000 is gonna be a few hundred quid cheaper than the dx902, but do I want full array or can I live with the edge lit!?
Can't see any issues with the edge lighting and there's no banding or wot. I did a ton of research and this set was raved about in every one. Pricey but...

I have a 42" LCD going for cheap but it's down here in York. It's arnly HD though

Can't see any issues with the edge lighting and there's no banding or wot. I did a ton of research and this set was raved about in every one. Pricey but...

Prefer a brand new one mate

I won't go into too much more as once you see it, it may spoil tv lol!!

If you don't notice and it doesn't bother you it's gonna be perfect.

If I go for this telly I'll save some money, but wonder if I should spend more...argh!

I have the UE65KS9000 and it is phenomenal. When I did my research I red that as you drop down the series there's a canny loss in quality. You might be better trying to get the 9000 series from last year or trying to stretch your funds to a KS8000. Last year was the JS series I think
my boss has just bought one of those how do you access the equivalent of ISF Expert 1 dark room and ISF Expert 2 bright room
I watched a vid where the guy said these are settings for Dark and he went into Expert settings he then said now I'll show you Bright settings but again he just went into expert settings how do you distinguish between the 2 different sets of settings :confused:

if tv is 4k & for gaming , I wouldn't bother.

I bought cheap (£430) 4k tv & £230 propa gaming monitor,

colours are mint on ps4 & 144 mhz on pc games & hardly any input lag compared to tv

wish i done that ages ago

my boss has just bought one of those how do you access the equivalent of ISF Expert 1 dark room and ISF Expert 2 bright room
I watched a vid where the guy said these are settings for Dark and he went into Expert settings he then said now I'll show you Bright settings but again he just went into expert settings how do you distinguish between the 2 different sets of settings :confused:
I went on line and got some calibration settings from there. I have one set of settings under Movie mode for evenings and another set for daytime under standard, but as the experts said, it's pretty close out of the box. The dynamic settings are way over saturated though.

I went on line and got some calibration settings from there. I have one set of settings under Movie mode for evenings and another set for daytime under standard, but as the experts said, it's pretty close out of the box. The dynamic settings are way over saturated though.
I see so you just have to pick 2 stock modes and calibrate them for day and night does this set also display a message when it detects an hdr10 source? My LG displays HDR10 has started/stopped playing and the same with Dolby Vision

Still can't decide which way to go!

What I have decided is not going to spend a fortune yet, going to keep under 1500 quid.

May end up going full circle and just get the KS7000! If it drives me crazy with the edge lighting it ca go the journey then I'll cough up more....but hopefully may just get used to it and it won't bother me.

Still can't decide which way to go!

What I have decided is not going to spend a fortune yet, going to keep under 1500 quid.

May end up going full circle and just get the KS7000! If it drives me crazy with the edge lighting it ca go the journey then I'll cough up more....but hopefully may just get used to it and it won't bother me.
why are you holding back? are you waiting to see if Panny go oled

and there's also https://www.avforums.com/news/loewe-enter-oled-tv-market.12821

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back