Question for TV Tecchie types

Status
Not open for further replies.

What did you go for?

I'm looking again.

Can't decide if I should spend 2.5k on the LG OLED55b6V....2k on the Panasonic DX902....or just go for something cheap!

Decisions decisions.
You won't be disappointed with the LG B6 Oled I've got the 55 E6 and it's a beast

Sony Bravia

Stayed away from Sony for years, then was tempted by their newer ones, had it a month and sent it back. Just not good enough.

You won't be disappointed with the LG B6 Oled I've got the 55 E6 and it's a beast

Can get it for 2499 at richer sounds, which is tempting me...but then can get the Panasonic with full array local dimming (FALD) for 1999, 58 inch.

Usually jump into stuff (I did with the Sony and that went the journey after the cracks showed) but this time I'm genuinely confused between the two sets, or a cheaper one!

Stayed away from Sony for years, then was tempted by their newer ones, had it a month and sent it back. Just not good enough.

Can get it for 2499 at richer sounds, which is tempting me...but then can get the Panasonic with full array local dimming (FALD) for 1999, 58 inch.

Usually jump into stuff (I did with the Sony and that went the journey after the cracks showed) but this time I'm genuinely confused between the two sets, or a cheaper one!
once you go black you never go back;)

Haha that's my thinking.... The 2015 models were amazing, the 2016 looked even better.

Really only wanted to spend about 1.5k....but then I'd be getting something I don't really want.

Arghhhhh! :lol:
yeah I was originally looking at the 2015 e950v which was at £2k then the 2016 models were announced and the e950v went up to £2.5k go figure, really pleased I stumped up the extra for the E6 + pro calibration

yeah I was originally looking at the 2015 e950v which was at £2k then the 2016 models were announced and the e950v went up to £2.5k go figure, really pleased I stumped up the extra for the E6 + pro calibration

Amazing devices. I need to sleep on it...haha..it's between the dx902 and the b6v now, no point going cheap as I'll only regret it!

You must be a tv snob, I've had the same shitty Samsung tele for about 7 years :lol:

It's about to get binned like but if my new one switches on and plays HD I'll be happy

Haha yes, spend a lot of time looking at it so has to be good!

What you going for next?

Sony Bravia I think mate :lol:

The house I was just renting had one and I really liked it

Plus they are only £300-£400 or summit (the one I'll be getting is anyway)

I ended up getting the Panasonic DX 750B
Still messing on with the picture settings but already I'm suitably impressed.

I'm looking at new TV's and have narrowed my choice down to these two:
Samsung KS7000
or
Panasonic DX7500.

Which would you go for?
I have the UE65KS9000 and it is phenomenal. When I did my research I red that as you drop down the series there's a canny loss in quality. You might be better trying to get the 9000 series from last year or trying to stretch your funds to a KS8000. Last year was the JS series I think

I have the UE65KS9000 and it is phenomenal. When I did my research I red that as you drop down the series there's a canny loss in quality. You might be better trying to get the 9000 series from last year or trying to stretch your funds to a KS8000. Last year was the JS series I think

I was toying at one point with the KS7000/8000 (don't want curved so the 8000 was the flat equivant) but the edge lit displays weren't cutting it for me.

The Panasonic was night and day better and the OLEDs, but the price is of course higher!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back