Fred Army

Striker
I'm looking at new TV's and have narrowed my choice down to these two:
Samsung KS7000
or
Panasonic DX7500.

Which would you go for?

Panasonic > Samsung
Normally I'd agree (I currently have a Panasonic Plasma which has been superb), but the general consensus over the last few years is that since Panasonic stopped making Plasmas their other TV's haven't been as good. Samsung has allegedly overtaken them in LED/ LCD quality.

Samsung generally rule in everything they do. If you have a Samsung you'll be able to sync it with the TV.

Samsung generally rule in everything they do. If you have a Samsung you'll be able to sync it with the TV.
Every single thing I have bought with a Samsung badge has turned out to be a polished turd. From laptop to fridge freezer they have taken no responsibility for bad design and/or component QC leading to early failure timed almost to the day after the warranty expires.

Most of their R&D expenses must be diverted to glossy marketing and sponsorship so it's an avoid from me sorry.

Every single thing I have bought with a Samsung badge has turned out to be a polished turd. From laptop to fridge freezer they have taken no responsibility for bad design and/or component QC leading to early failure timed almost to the day after the warranty expires.

Most of their R&D expenses must be diverted to glossy marketing and sponsorship so it's an avoid from me sorry.
Canny cheap in Lulu though?

Canny cheap in Lulu though?

Very observant ;)

I think Samsung UAE is the dumping ground for discontinued and/or unsold products from Uzbekistan or so a quick Google of the model numbers of supermarket bargains would indicate.

However my wrath is equally shared with Samsung Thailand who's technical team consist of a guy in flip flops armed with a few chewed Philips screwdrivers in a Tesco bag and just two words of English.......'no warranty'

Very observant ;)

I think Samsung UAE is the dumping ground for discontinued and/or unsold products from Uzbekistan or so a quick Google of the model numbers of supermarket bargains would indicate.

However my wrath is equally shared with Samsung Thailand who's technical team consist of a guy in flip flops armed with a few chewed Philips screwdrivers in a Tesco bag and just two words of English.......'no warranty'
Just over last week, it was canny hot like!

What price u seen then for? Go for this Panny instead. http://www.leconcepts.com/products/...sonic-tx-58dx802b-58-inch-ultra-hd-4k-tv.html

The KS7000 (and all except the top end FALD sets) have shocking bright areas from the edge lit LED. Spoils the viewing!

If you wanna throw cat amongst pigeons....how about last years LG OLED?

I guess!
I've always bought Panasonic though, so am stalling changing brands!

Panasonics current 2016 sets are much better than the Samsung. Demoed a lot recently, side by side as well with the same content to be fair.

What price u seen then for? Go for this Panny instead. http://www.leconcepts.com/products/...sonic-tx-58dx802b-58-inch-ultra-hd-4k-tv.html

The KS7000 (and all except the top end FALD sets) have shocking bright areas from the edge lit LED. Spoils the viewing!

If you wanna throw cat amongst pigeons....how about last years LG OLED?

Panasonics current 2016 sets are much better than the Samsung. Demoed a lot recently, side by side as well with the same content to be fair.

Both are refurbished, same price of £799

Both are refurbished, same price of £799

Great price. What size?

Samsung seem to concentrate on getting pictures as bright as possible...but the edge lit LED is a nightmare on them I think, especially in darker scenes.

The Samsung is a 10bit panel and "premium" so more future proof, but IMO the Panny's had better natural looking images.

Great price. What size?

Samsung seem to concentrate on getting pictures as bright as possible...but the edge lit LED is a nightmare on them I think, especially in darker scenes.

The Samsung is a 10bit panel and "premium" so more future proof, but IMO the Panny's had better natural looking images.

Due to the space we've got I can't go any bigger than 50 inch, so 50 for the Panny or 49 for the Samsung.

I'd go for the Panny. Samsung's sets with FALD are amazing, but their mid range ones (inc KS7000) are not the best.

What about motion blur etc? Another thing I'm worried about with new tvs is the whole soap opera effect. It might sound daft but one of the things I like most about my current TV (Panasonic PZ80B) is that films look like films on it and are not overly realistic to look at.

What about motion blur etc? Another thing I'm worried about with new tvs is the whole soap opera effect. It might sound daft but one of the things I like most about my current TV (Panasonic PZ80B) is that films look like films on it and are not overly realistic to look at.

Samsung will suffer more with that. Motion blur is evident on all LCD's basically. Turn off all the image enhancement shite and tweak the picture settings (get them from avforums etc.) and SOE will be gone.

What did you go for?

I'm looking again.

Can't decide if I should spend 2.5k on the LG OLED55b6V....2k on the Panasonic DX902....or just go for something cheap!

Decisions decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back