Queen's Gambit

It annoyed me how many times I had to tell the thick lasses I work with that it isn't a true story.

Same thing with "A Star Is Born" - no this isn't the story of how Lady Gaga got famous...

It annoyed me how many times I had to tell the thick lasses I work with that it isn't a true story.

Same thing with "A Star Is Born" - no this isn't the story of how Lady Gaga got famous...

Maybe it is an indication of the quality of the writing that it feels like a true story. Just shows you can have a true story without superheroes, aliens or monsters.

Just finished watching it. I’m always late to the party on these things.

My missus was raving about the lass’s clothes all the time from when she started to get a bit of money under her belt. Very stylised as well as stylish.

I’ve just had the book delivered, it’s the same author who wrote The Hustler and Colour of Money, which you could see some commonality. He also wrote The Man Who Fell to Earth which I’d need to watch again, but seems more out on its own.

Highly recommended if anyone hasn’t seen it yet.

Just finished watching it. I’m always late to the party on these things.

My missus was raving about the lass’s clothes all the time from when she started to get a bit of money under her belt. Very stylised as well as stylish.

I’ve just had the book delivered, it’s the same author who wrote The Hustler and Colour of Money, which you could see some commonality. He also wrote The Man Who Fell to Earth which I’d need to watch again, but seems more out on its own.

Highly recommended if anyone hasn’t seen it yet.
The book is very good as well. Read it in one sitting kind of good.

I haven't read any of Trevis' other novels but I'm keen to give them a go on the strength of The Queens Gambit.

Given its popularity I'd be surprised if a second series wasn't made. Money talks!
They originally said there wouldn’t be, but the lass has said "I'd like Beth to pick up Benny and spend some time with him in Russia, just the two of them being snobby intellectuals together," she continued. "And I hope she has a Bowie phase." That’s be pretty cool mebbes taking them through an arty beatnik phase.

Back